Norway. Fjords. Decisions! Please help.

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me please.

We're looking at sailing with Disney summer 2016 to Northern Europe. We've sailed with Disney previously and loved it.

However, I'm not at all familiar with the ports on the two itineraries I've narrowed my search down to.

The main thing we are hoping to see is the picture perfect views of Norway's Fjords from the ship. Is this something we will see on either of these itineraries? I hope this isn't a stupid question!! But will the ship sail through the fjords?

If we went for the longer 12 night cruise, would we be missing the beauty of Norway? or the fjords? I'm very lured in by the overnight in Reykjavik on the longer sailing.

What do you think? I would love some insight on this & google isn't really helping me so far!

Thank you

:)

29th June - 7 nights

Copenhagen

At Sea

Stavanger

Alesund

Geiranger

Bergen

At Sea

Copenhagen

13th July - 12 nights

Copenhagen

Oslo

Kristiansand

Bergen

At Sea

Akureyri

Reykjavik

Reykjavik

At Sea

Kirkwall, Scotland

Invergordon (Loch Ness)

At Sea

Dover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, offtoseemickey, and welcome to CC!

The main thing we are hoping to see is the picture perfect views of Norway's Fjords from the ship. Is this something we will see on either of these itineraries?
In this case, then of these two itineraries you will want the one that goes to Geiranger.

Depending on your departure point you could fly Iceland Air. You can stop over in Iceland going or returning for up to 7 days without additional airfare. We flew last year from IAD to Copenhagen and stopped in Iceland for 3 days on the way back.

Thank you for posting your question and the subsequent responses.

I am currently researching Iceland & Norway cruises as well - for my 50th in a couple of years.

We also looked at the Disney cruises and NCL.

Celebrity also do one - this year it's on June 27th on Celebrity Eclipse and is South Hampton departure & Return.

14 nights

South Hampton

Sea Day

Sea Day

Reykavik

Reykavik

Akureyri

Sea Day

Klaksvik

Sea Day

Geiranger

Alesund

Olden

Stavanger

Sea Day

South Hampton

Not sure if they'll be doing it again following year - not sure if you like the idea of Celebrity - but thought I'd mention it so you can research (if you so choose).

I too was thinking of cruising Norway from Copenhagen and just flying over to Iceland for a little while - all part of the research (and I have a couple of years yet til I lock anything in!)

Will look forward to reading your review of your 2016 Norway/Iceland cruise.

Depending on your departure point you could fly Iceland Air. You can stop over in Iceland going or returning for up to 7 days without additional airfare. We flew last year from IAD to Copenhagen and stopped in Iceland for 3 days on the way back.

We're doing this after our 7 night fjord cruise. Iceland Air seemed like the best way to get to Denver from Copenhagen. So we're spending 2 nights there before returning home.

Thank you for posting your question and the subsequent responses.

I am currently researching Iceland & Norway cruises as well - for my 50th in a couple of years.

We also looked at the Disney cruises and NCL.

Celebrity also do one - this year it's on June 27th on Celebrity Eclipse and is South Hampton departure & Return.

14 nights

South Hampton

Sea Day

Sea Day

Reykavik

Reykavik

Akureyri

Sea Day

Klaksvik

Sea Day

Geiranger

Alesund

Olden

Stavanger

Sea Day

South Hampton

Not sure if they'll be doing it again following year - not sure if you like the idea of Celebrity - but thought I'd mention it so you can research (if you so choose).

I too was thinking of cruising Norway from Copenhagen and just flying over to Iceland for a little while - all part of the research (and I have a couple of years yet til I lock anything in!)

Will look forward to reading your review of your 2016 Norway/Iceland cruise.

This thread may be of help to you as you do your research (of course, as you mention, things may change).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990587&highlight=norway+cruises+2015

We're doing this after our 7 night fjord cruise. Iceland Air seemed like the best way to get to Denver from Copenhagen. So we're spending 2 nights there before returning home.

We are also doing this prior to a 8 night Fjord cruise. I also like that it cuts the flight time in smaller segments on the way over (4 1/2 hour flight to Iceland, 3 hours to Copenhagen a few days later). The only bad thing is the flight arrives in Iceland at 6:00am with time changes and not a long enough flight to really "sleep" so we'll probably be walking zombies that first day trying to stay on schedule so we don't waste the day.