Oli's Trolley question

Floridanamaw

If we are going to use Oli's do we need to purchase tickets ahead of time for the National Park or whatever we want to do or can we buy them the day we arrive in port? I'm thinking this might be the best and least expensive way to do things while in Bar Harbor. Thanks for your replies.

The ticket for Oli's trolley includes admission to the park. I would pre-reserve (either online or via excursion) to be on the safe side.

Just in case you missed it, Oli's trolley is NOT a hop on hop off trolley, but it does make a few stops in the park for you to get off and explore.

Are the stops long enough to really enjoy the park or are they like a get off and right back on kind of stop? Any idea how long they spend there?

Any other suggestions on what to do in Bar Harbor. Usually by our last port we are tired of "excursions" and just want to explore on our own. I really would like to see the park and a few other things there.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I've done their long tour a couple of times.

The stops have been up top at Cadillac Mountain, by the stone garden, and by the forge. If its cloudy, they might skip Cadillac Mountain and go to the cottage, but its not a guarantee.

If it helps, here is a link to my Bar Harbor pictures (including our trip on Oli's Trolley).

https://markandkarencanadanewengland.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Wonderful photos! Looks like sailing out of Boston will be a wonderful experience. Hope we have such good weather in Bar Harbor when we're there this Sept. We've been there before, by car, but couldn't go up Cadillac Mt. due to very low ceiling, i.e. fog. We plan to take Oli's Trolley and hope to make it to the top this time!

Barb