Flight from barcelona

anneep

I would check with your cruise line. I know Royal Caribbean had been saying no sooner than 10am out of Barcelona, but I've heard that they might have adjusted that time given the current world situation and increased security.

That said, assuming your cruise line also says 10am, FOR ME, 10:15 would be cutting it way too close. I'd rather book a later flight and have downtime at the airport than be rushed and end my vacation stressed about making a flight in case security is ramped up on my departure day.

Norwegian Epic has booked arrival at Barcelona so that they are the first ship cleared and often arrive well before the scheduled time.

Many passengers with self disembark make that flight every week from Epic.

Barcelona El Prat airport has shifted to a 3 hour recommended arrival time for flights outside of the European Schengen agreement zone. That said, American opens only 3 hours prior.

When you have a problem is when the implement enhanced security. You can not predict these dates. When implemented you have extra control at baggage check-in, enhanced security prior to passport control and followed by gate security with some passengers being selected for complete control and interviews. This can add substantial time on those dates when enhanced security is put in effect.