Taxi price Heathrow to Park Inn

zodiac1

Almost certainly less than the 8 quid the Hoppa would cost you, and yes, much more convenient. Seem to remember paying about 10 pounds from the Jurys Inn to T4, which is probably at least double the distance.

Edited by Twickenham

If you do take a taxi. Make sure you tell the driver your destination before he gets to the barrier.

They only have a few taxis waiting at a time at the terminal and taxis wait for quite some time, in a long queue, off airport before they are called to the taxi stand on the terminal. Taxis arriving with passengers are not allowed to pick up fares and must go to join the queue.

As has already been said this means that short fares, and in particular, fares to other terminals are not attractive to cabbies who have perhaps waited in line for an hour. As a result, in order to avoid problems with drivers refusing inter terminal fares, there is a system where taxi drivers can ask for a time stamped ticket as they leave the terminal which, if they then return within a specified time, allows them to return to the front of the queue.

So, tell your cabbie before he gets to the barrier and he will then be able to ask for one of these tickets.

As a result, in order to avoid problems with drivers refusing inter terminal fares, there is a system where taxi drivers can ask for a time stamped ticket as they leave the terminal which, if they then return within a specified time, allows them to return to the front of the queue.

So, tell your cabbie before he gets to the barrier and he will then be able to ask for one of these tickets.

That's a good piece of advice. In any event, most cabbies will ask for your destination before setting off.

The time allowed to get back to the terminal is something like 45 minutes to an hour, which is more than enough for the trip from the terminal to the Park Inn and back to the terminal. So any grumpiness from the taxi driver about a short trip like this is manufactured, probably for the purpose of extracting a bigger tip from you out of your sense of guilt.

....So any grumpiness from the taxi driver about a short trip like this is manufactured, probably for the purpose of extracting a bigger tip from you out of your sense of guilt.

:D

I used to have an office in Feltham, long before the days Terminal 5 was built, and it was just a short hop from T4 to the office and I became aware of the system when, just after exiting the barrier and telling the driver where I wanted to go, he stopped the cab and ran back to the kiosk to get his ticket.

He then explained to me what he had just done and asked me to make sure I always told the cabbie where I was going before we left the taxi rank.

You would be amazed how many times cabbies moaned as soon I told them where I wanted to go, to the extent that I developed the habit of saying "only going to Feltham, but if you get a ticket you will have more than enough time to get back to the rank". Without exception, even those who moaned the instant I told them my destination, quickly became much more friendly once I pointed out that, if they got a ticket, they were getting two fares for one wait in line.

Perhaps it was because they then realised that I was a regular and understood the system and that, by making my comment, I was trying to ensure they weren't disadvantaged by my short journey.

I assume that all of the comments, including having the taxi driver stop at the barrier to get a timed ticket, apply to any airport hotels, such as the Holiday Inn (Bath Road-Sipson Way) that we've booked. We're taking one of the rare day flights from Newark to London, and plan on spending one night at the airport before heading into London the next morning g.

We always use an off airport taxi company who take us from our overnight hotel to the airport and pick us up on arrival. We book the taxi then call them when we have our baggage and meet them at Departures NOT Arrivals.

Doing it this way is MUCH cheaper and little more than 2 fares on the Hoppa.

I assume that all of the comments, including having the taxi driver stop at the barrier to get a timed ticket, apply to any airport hotels, such as the Holiday Inn (Bath Road-Sipson Way) that we've booked. We're taking one of the rare day flights from Newark to London, and plan on spending one night at the airport before heading into London the next morning g.

Since Heathrow is pretty close to London, why put yourself through a hotel swap. If it were me, I would book a car to pick me up from the terminal and take me to my London Hotel when I arrived, even if it was fairly late.

I assume that all of the comments, including having the taxi driver stop at the barrier to get a timed ticket, apply to any airport hotels, such as the Holiday Inn (Bath Road-Sipson Way) that we've booked. We're taking one of the rare day flights from Newark to London, and plan on spending one night at the airport before heading into London the next morning.
Since Heathrow is pretty close to London, why put yourself through a hotel swap. If it were me, I would book a car to pick me up from the terminal and take me to my London Hotel when I arrived, even if it was fairly late.
I absolutely agree with this. A late evening transfer from Heathrow to central London won't take long.

And "fairly late" will be a relative concept anyway, as an arrival from Newark will still be running on US time and will have plenty of energy left to deal with the transfer into town. It would save hours of messing about the following morning.

If you pre-book a taxi and meet them in Departures you won't pay the extortionate rates which taxis at arrivals charge.
Why would the same taxi company charge a different rate if you ask to be met in arrivals rather than departures? Surely the difference is only the cost of the time in the short-term car park?

The London transit bus stop is across the street from the Park Inn in front of the gas station. Same side of the street. The bus numbers are 111, 105, 140, 283, and 555. We stayed at the Marriott Renassance across the street and used bus 111 and 105 a couple of times. They are free as said before. We were there 3 weeks ago.

The central bus station is by the tube station close to terminal 3. Just follow the signs.

Edited by ozark74