Murano Five Senses Question

themutis

Hi All

The Five Senses wine pairing dinner sounds interesting. I'm just wondering about the total cost for it.

Do you have to pay the per person price to dine in Murano (i.e. $50.00) plus the cost for Five Senses ($89.00).... Which would make the dinner $139.00 per person?

Thanks

Eileen

Hi,

My wife and I did the Five Senses wine paring during our Silhouette cruise. There were no extra fees other than the $89. The event started in Cellar Masters and then moved to the Tuscan Grill. My wife and I agree that this was the best meal we’ve experienced on any cruise we’ve taken. The food and service were excellent and the wine superb.

Each paring was described at the beginning of each course.

We also were lucky enough to be sitting at the party table. Along with the good food and wine was much laughter. Be prepared. You will not knock this meal down in an hour. This will be a full, or almost full, evening affair.

We have already budgeted for this event for our Panama Canal cruise in September.

Hope you enjoy,

Bob and Rosemary

Hi,

My wife and I did the Five Senses wine paring during our Silhouette cruise. There were no extra fees other than the $89. The event started in Cellar Masters and then moved to the Tuscan Grill. My wife and I agree that this was the best meal we’ve experienced on any cruise we’ve taken. The food and service were excellent and the wine superb.

We also were lucky enough to be sitting at the party table. Along with the good food and wine was much laughter. Be prepared. You will not knock this meal down in an hour. This will be a full, or almost full, evening affair.

We have already budgeted for this event for our Panama Canal cruise in September.

Hope you enjoy,

Bob and Rosemary

We did this same wine dinner at Tuscan a few years ago as you've described. However I believe this is a different event than the Five Senses meal in Muranos.

The 5 senses is awesome, I suggest you go ahead with it.

Note that Murano's do not have many wines that fit within the Classic package and even with the Premium package, the wines often exceed the limits (pay the difference), so at least you know what it will cost with the 5 senses pairings.:D

I think you have had two separate events described.

Chefs table is a group event10-12 people. Usually includes a bit of a galley tour, then a many course meal with wine. In M class this has sometimes been in the galley. In S class usually wine area of Murranos.

Five Senses is a five course meal with wine pairings in Murranos. Usually just the two of you.

I think you have had two separate events described.

Chefs table is a group event10-12 people. Usually includes a bit of a galley tour, then a many course meal with wine. In M class this has sometimes been in the galley. In S class usually wine area of Murranos.

Five Senses is a five course meal with wine pairings in Murranos. Usually just the two of you.

The chef's table is also a wonderful event and cost around $129 per person. However, I read somewhere on these threads that they have made it a bit cheaper now but do not provide the Celebrity Menu book and the other gifts.

Hi,

Hope you enjoy,

Bob and Rosemary

I believe this is now called the Wine Connoisseur Dinner Event. Bubbles and canapés in Cellarmasters, and a dinner at Tuscan with wine match, as a group.

This was offered once on our Solstice cruise this year and had to purchase tickets to be a part of this.

The five senses is a multi course dinner with wine match at Murano, that anyone dining in Murano can do. I originally was interested in this however it was a set menu of two options to select from for each course. Unfortunately it did not include the dish option of lobster prepared table side which I had really wanted to try, so instead we opted to select our own dishes from the menu and ask the sommelier to prepare a wine match that suited our dishes and premium wine package.

Some may ask why consider five senses if you already have a drink package / the premium drink package however we were keen to try their wine match which no doubt would have matched the dish perfectly and I assume would have been wines that otherwise would not have been included in our package (other than paying the extra dollar value above the premium package limit) or perhaps these wines would have not been available by the glass normally.

We loved both of the above dinners, and hope to try chefs table next year :)