Chichen-Itza

Ohio Bucki

From Cozumel, that would be an extremely long day. You'd need enough time in port to not only be able to catch the ferry on return but endure a long bus ride to and from and then have time to look at the ruins. I think Carnival's Plus port times might offer an excursion from Cozumel, but it's not worth it IMO. Even Tulum is a long day and it's much closer. Coba is an outside shot but it's about 30-45 minutes beyond Tulum.

Because of the long distance, travel by ferry and bus both ways... you will only get about an hour there.

I have been to Chichen Itza (not on a cruise, but a land vacation) and we spent half a day there and still didn't see as much as we wanted. It is huge and spread out over a very large area, lots of walking.

I wouldn't do it by cruise excursions... 8+ hours with only an hour of it there! No way, for me.

We did it while on a land vacation in Cozumel last January. 15 hour day for us. No you cannot climb the pyramid. Justin Bieber actually made the news for doing it at tulum while we were in area and was asked to leave. So negative on climbing ruins. If I had known it was going to be as long of a day I wouldn't have done it but it is worth seeing

We did it while on a land vacation in Cozumel last January. 15 hour day for us. No you cannot climb the pyramid. Justin Bieber actually made the news for doing it at tulum while we were in area and was asked to leave. So negative on climbing ruins. If I had known it was going to be as long of a day I wouldn't have done it but it is worth seeing

They ended the climbing at Chichen Itza when a woman fell and died. Tulum, they don't allow climbing on the ruins to protect them for damage. You can still climb Nohoch Mul at Coba. That is the last one left in the Yucatan they will allow visitors to climb. It is about 135 feet tall and the view from the top is spectacular. It is not an easy climb. I would recommend that any one who wants to climb Nohoch Mul do it sooner rather than later because at any time they might prohibit it.