Margaritaville - Hollywood Beach

sandancer

Walked the Broad Walk yesterday and passed by the construction site that will one day be a beautiful hotel. The location is fantastic and the artists impression they have along the fence show a lovely pool area. I have no idea when the predicted opening is but it looks like it won't be anytime soon. I think this will be a great addition to the higher end accommodation here and hope next time we make it back here we will be staying there. I doubt it will be through Priceline though. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was just looking at this hotel on line. It says summer 2015 for opening but from what you said it doesnt look like it. They are not taking reservations yet and on their FB page they said they would start taking reservations in Jan 2015. They must be behind schedule. Sounds like it will be an awesome place.

I am thinking of staying at the Riptide. Have you ever been there? Could you please tell me what the Broadwalk is like? Safe? Good places to eat? Is the beach nice? Thanks!

I was just looking at this hotel on line. It says summer 2015 for opening but from what you said it doesnt look like it. They are not taking reservations yet and on their FB page they said they would start taking reservations in Jan 2015. They must be behind schedule. Sounds like it will be an awesome place.

I am thinking of staying at the Riptide. Have you ever been there? Could you please tell me what the Broadwalk is like? Safe? Good places to eat? Is the beach nice? Thanks!

I went running along the Broadwalk last weekend and ran by the resort. While it seems that there is no way they will be ready for a summer 2015 opening, yesterday's article in the local newspaper states that they will be.

There is also a new condo/resort being constructed near Margaritaville, so both traffic and parking can be challenging.

Hollywood Beach is a mix of 1950's, meets Art Deco, meets modern times. The Broadwalk is well paved and lit in the evenings, and there is a plethora of dining options (mostly casual eateries), bars, and beach-y shops. There are other good restaurants across the street along the Intracoastal Waterway.

Here is some more info:

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Sorry. Have never stayed at the Riptide. The Broadwalk is very busy during the day. Lots of people around. Can't comment on restaurants as other than snacks as we haven't eaten there in the evening. I can recommend Giorgios bakery which is on the Intracoastal. Great breakfast. The beach is nice but busy. Not much shade so go prepared.

Walked the Broad Walk yesterday and passed by the construction site that will one day be a beautiful hotel. The location is fantastic and the artists impression they have along the fence show a lovely pool area. I have no idea when the predicted opening is but it looks like it won't be anytime soon. I think this will be a great addition to the higher end accommodation here and hope next time we make it back here we will be staying there. I doubt it will be through Priceline though. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From my understanding, it will be a moderate hotel.

Lots of food outlets from a Margaritaville to a Land Shark Bar.

Supposedly Buffet will give a concert to open the property.