Sign and sail cards

LMB122

My one and only Carnival cruise it was $100 per person per day for a cash account. $50 each won't even cover gratuities unless it is a three day cruise.

I was working under the assumption that OP had pre-paid gratuities, since they are wanting to put such a low amount on their S&S.

From the Carnival site (note the underlined word):

Guests must deposit cash (U.S currency) or Traveler's Checks at Guest Services on the first day of the cruise. Please note that on the Carnival Vista sailing from Europe, Traveler's Checks are not acceptable as a form of deposit. The following minimum cash deposits are recommended:

2 - 4 day cruise: $100 USD per person

5 - 8 day cruise: $200 USD per person

9 days or longer: $350 USD per person

Edited by Schoifmom

Yes. They do cut off spending if your cash deposit is used up.

How does this jibe with your immediately earlier post? I suspect that by "recommended" they really mean that the dollar amounts listed for varying lengths of cruise are recommended minimums - and that anything more is at the discretion of the passenger. Remember: they also state that "Guests MUST deposit cash..."

I have taken several Carnival cruises. Since we prepay as much as possible and don't spend much onboard, I have used cash on each of those cruises. On my last cruise, I only put down $40. The recommended amounts listed on their website are just recommendations. You can put down as much or as little as you wish.

No one asked for a credit /debit card with that low of a deposit.

Have a great cruise.

How does this jibe with your immediately earlier post? I suspect that by "recommended" they really mean that the dollar amounts listed for varying lengths of cruise are recommended minimums - and that anything more is at the discretion of the passenger. Remember: they also state that "Guests MUST deposit cash..."

The portion from the Carnival website is part of a the larger page explaining onboard spending. I simply copied the portion that was applicable here.

The "must" that you note in Carnival's explanation refers to where the deposit is made. The "recommended" portion is the amount. They do cut off spending when you have used your cash deposit (from experience). You have the option then to go to Guest Services or the kiosk and apply more cash or a credit/debit card to cover additional purchases.

Edited by Schoifmom