Beach Decision...

GalCruzer

From reading threads about the beaches in Cozumel I have gathered the following info on them:

Mr Sanchos: gets crowded, very lively, $55 for AI including water toys...

Paradise Beach: Pay as you go, starting with a $3 admission which includes a chair rental but have to spend at least $10 in food/drinks. Extra $ for water toys...

Nachi Cocum: $55 PP for a 4 course meal (though I am curious what is part of that 4 course meal), only 100 people allowed here, can swim in beach and/or pool that has a swim up bar

Playa Mia: Family atmosphere since has more water toys and a toddler park...

That was most of what I came up with. I'm sure I missed a lot as well as there are more beaches in Cozumel.

But the reason I am looking into them this way is because we want to do the Kaokao Tour first then we will make our way back to one of the beaches. I was going to do Nachi but if they serve a 4 course meal, not sure if it is served at a certain time and certainly would not want to miss any of it. Esp for $55.

Now thinking about Paradise Beach, since we are not sure what time we would get there and pay as you go may seem better. Tours are 9:00-2:00 every hour on the hour. But since we don't get to Cozumel until 10 we will prob go with an 11:00 tour. So right around lunch time. We will be in Cozumel until 6.

Anything as far as the difference of these beaches, that I missed...?

TIA

All of these beaches are along the same stretch of coast. Similar water, sand, amenities.

There's no set time for the meal at Nachi. I think you can find a menu or two on one of the threads or off their website. But I'm in agreement with you that doing a pay-as-you-go option is better for your schedule and other plans.

If you'd like to snorkel or don't require a lot of water toy options (AS IN NONE;) M ) then look into the Money Bar or Playa Corona. Both PAYG and both small uncrowded.

Your waiter will serve your meal as early or as late as you want at Nachi. Same thing for Mr. Sanchos. We love the Money Bar for great snorkeling from the shore.

Your call. :)

Check the web sites, but most close about 5:00.

What time does your ship leave? :confused: Depending upon time of year and where you are cruising from there may be a difference between Coz time and ship time - wear a watch and be in a cab heading back to your pier (there are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz) at least an hour before sailing time.