Tahitian Inn Tampa

24fan

I agree with you 100 percent. We are ALWAYS on a tight budget. We paid $87!!! And it includes transport. :)

Is this for the Tahitian?

Actually, I was surprised at the very reasonable "cruise package" price for the Hilton. Room for 1 night, 7 days parking, cruise port shuttle both ways, free breakfast in their hotel restaurant, for two persons, $139. Some of the other less favorable hotels were more than that.

For the dates we are looking at, I'm getting a quote of $169-189 (BEFORE taxes :eek:) for the Hilton.

I have found that the cruise packages are even more because usually in a "cruise" package they want to include their free parking at their facility while you are away on the cruise. Therefore, it usually ends up costing more...which we don't need since we are flying in.

I just wish more places offered a cruise package for people flying in that don't have cars that offered everything with the shuttles to the cruise port, breakfast and so on.

Is this for the Tahitian?

For the dates we are looking at, I'm getting a quote of $169-189 (BEFORE taxes :eek:) for the Hilton.

I have found that the cruise packages are even more because usually in a "cruise" package they want to include their free parking at their facility while you are away on the cruise. Therefore, it usually ends up costing more...which we don't need since we are flying in.

I just wish more places offered a cruise package for people flying in that don't have cars that offered everything with the shuttles to the cruise port, breakfast and so on.

No it is for the Hilton. I did not do the cruise port package but they have free shuttle from the airport. I always shop early and never pay over $100 for nice hotels. I hope you are able to find a nice one. What dates are you looking at?

No it is for the Hilton. I did not do the cruise port package but they have free shuttle from the airport. I always shop early and never pay over $100 for nice hotels. I hope you are able to find a nice one. What dates are you looking at?

We will be there Nov 8th.

I did not put in for the cruise package and this is what I'm getting:

2 QUEEN BEDS icon_nonSmoking.gif

Microwave, mini-refrigerator, 32-inch HDTV, complimentary WiFi...

Room Details

Quick Look Hilton_Garden_Inn_Tampa_Airport_Westshore_Q2RZ_386x310_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

RATE PLAN Price Per Night (USD)

EASY CANCELLATION Changeable and refundable. Earn HHonors Points. Rate Details $169 Select 2X POINTS PACKAGE Special offer 2X POINTS PACKAGE GET REWARDED WITH DOUBLE HHONORS POINTS. NOT A ... Rate Details $182

2 QUEEN BEDS JUNIOR SUITE Non Smoking Room

Living room, sofa bed, microwave, mini-fridge, 32-inch HDTV, ...

Room Details

Quick Look Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel, FL - Suite Living Area

RATE PLAN Price Per Night (USD)

EASY CANCELLATION Changeable and refundable. Earn HHonors Points. Rate Details

$189

Is there a shuttle to the cruise port or not?

Did you book directly with Hilton or using a different source like LMT?

Edited by mitsugirly

I don't know. We're booked for the next weekend and the complete package was $139. Maybe the previous weekend has a big event in Tampa creating higher prices.

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s2

That is what I was thinking too. We have it booked for the last week in November and I also booked it three months ago.

I hope she is able to find something. Unfortunately I am on my I phone and difficult to type and look things up but I remember the Intercontental having great reviews and under $100. This was my second choice

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a lot of thoughts, I decided to go ahead and book Tahitian. I really like the way it looks. I'm not really picky or a hotel snob when it comes to staying some where. I just don't want a nasty dirty place or one with bugs. As long as this place meets those qualifications, I should be fine.

I like the location (walking distance to pick up things prior to the cruise)-gas station about 2 blocks away and then there's also a Burger King close by that will work for us. I do like the looks of the restaurant on the premises with the outdoor seating and koi pond. So we will probably eat breakfast there before heading to the port.

I will let everyone know how it turns out if you are still interested (we sail in November). :)

I live in the Tampa Bay area so just thought that I would throw this out there.

For anyone on a budget, The LaQuinta Tampa Airport is a clean and decent hotel. It is located near the airport in an upscale-corporate type area. The drive to the port is about 15 minutes. They have an airport shuttle and also a shuttle to the port albeit I believe there may be a small fee. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast which is a nice perk. The hotel is directly across from the International Plaza Mall which offers shopping plus many dining options.

Here is their link: http://www.laquintatampabayairport.com/

For anyone on a budget, The LaQuinta Tampa Airport is a clean and decent hotel. It is located near the airport in an upscale-corporate type area. The drive to the port is about 15 minutes. They have an airport shuttle and also a shuttle to the port albeit I believe there may be a small fee. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast which is a nice perk. The hotel is directly across from the International Plaza Mall which offers shopping plus many dining options.

Hi, thank you for your recommendation ...... I took advantage of it.

I do have an existing reservation with another hotel ( which is getting some negative reviews - Chase) so I made this reservation for La Quinta .....they also offer a military rate that includes veterans ..... so additional discount was applied.

Do you know if the restaurants in the mall are walking distance from the hotel?

Hi, thank you for your recommendation ...... I took advantage of it.

I do have an existing reservation with another hotel ( which is getting some negative reviews - Chase) so I made this reservation for La Quinta .....they also offer a military rate that includes veterans ..... so additional discount was applied.

Do you know if the restaurants in the mall are walking distance from the hotel?

Yes, the mall is directly across the street from the hotel. The road is more of a side street so while there is traffic, it is doable. The hotel also offers a courtesy shuttle over to the mall and back, in the event of bad weather or any mobility issues.

Here is link to the restaurants located in the mall.

http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/dining_entertainment

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 3 months later...

We just returned from our cruise a week ago and while the hotel itself served its purpose, it's probably not one that I would stay at again or come highly recommended.

They allow the "neighborhood" people to come in to the pool bar area and didn't close it down at 11pm like they said. These VERY loud and obnoxious people continued to party all night until I had to call and complain about the noise and not getting any rest. :rolleyes: :mad:

I have a full review with tons of pictures starting at post # 11 and on located HERE in my cruise review.

Thanks for the advice.

I booked one night pre-cruise mid-February for $116 (seniors rate!). The Airport pickup is included. They charge $10/person to shuttle to the cruise port.

John

Thanks for the advice.

I booked one night pre-cruise mid-February for $116 (seniors rate!). The Airport pickup is included. They charge $10/person to shuttle to the cruise port.

John

Wow, that's a good rate for mid-February. You will not be disappointed with your choice.... It is not super fancy nor it is waterfront like some of the other more popular pre-cruise hotels, but it is clean and in a good area near restaurants and shopping. There is a 24 hr IHOP adjacent to the hotel for off hours dining times.

:)

• 2 months later...