Stay on for next leg anyone?

CambsCruiser82

Hello. This is purely out of curiosity as I don't have enough annual leave left at the end of this cruise but...has anyone just decided to stay on for the next leg? How did you do it? Are there discounts to be had?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never done it.

But I think it'd be difficult to get a cabin that late, I guess that the future cruise sales office would be the place to ask.

If there was space available it could be arranged, although it would be a one in a million change that the cabin you were currently occupying would be available for the next leg. By then almost all of the earlier guarantee bookings would have been allocated leaving only the more unpopular insides and obstructed balconies. Last minute fares for sailings out of New York tend to be higher than they were one week earlier. (At least that's my anecdotal observation on spot checking some sailings.)

Last year I was on a QM2 TA in November and going on to a QE cruise 3 days later. I hadn't been paying attention and noticed once on board that QM2's next voyage was a 3-day getaway. I did inquire with the Future Cruise office and found out that the 3-day was already sold out. I'm sure it's possible sometimes, but probably not likely to happen.

Roy