E Tickets QM2

scdreamer

We will be on a transatlantic sailing on QM2 later this summer, but before we are scheduled to leave, we will be traveling for about a month. I am wondering when our e-tickets will arrive by email. We have already received a booklet in the regular mail with our luggage tags, but no e-tickets. We are still almost two months out from our sailing.

I'll have to figure out how to print the e-tickets while "on the road," so an idea of when to expect them would be great.

Thank you. I was able to find that information ... apparently it will be available at that site about five weeks before our departure date. I had somehow misunderstood, thinking they were going to email an attachment to me, but didn't know when.

Thank you. I was able to find that information ... apparently it will be available at that site about five weeks before our departure date. I had somehow misunderstood, thinking they were going to email an attachment to me, but didn't know when.

Yes, that's about right. For both of our voyages on QM2 last year, we received email notification from Cunard that our e-tickets were ready 44 days before departure. And just to confirm, the e-tickets are not sent as email attachments. You do indeed retrieve them from your Voyage Personaliser.

Edited by bluemarble

We are on guarantee status for the July 1st cruise on the QM2 and we are now 16-17 days out.

We believe the information will be released in the few days.

We have been told that this is not unusual when on guarantee status. So we are waiting for a call from our TA, email from Cunard and still checking the VP online.

So patience is the word till the news comes in.

Yes, that's about right. For both of our voyages on QM2 last year, we received email notification from Cunard that our e-tickets were ready 44 days before departure. And just to confirm, the e-tickets are not sent as email attachments. You do indeed retrieve them from your Voyage Personaliser.

Hi bluemarble,

When time comes to print out the tickets, do you use or recommend a Color Printer or is B&W ok too!

We have not sailed for 8 years and everything was more paper and either pickup or mailed.

Appreciate your input.

Hi bluemarble,

When time comes to print out the tickets, do you use or recommend a Color Printer or is B&W ok too!

We have not sailed for 8 years and everything was more paper and either pickup or mailed.

Appreciate your input.

Black and White is fine. And you only need to print out the first page. Here in the U.S., the e-ticket document is about 10 pages long, but the last 9 pages are just the Cunard passage contract. The actual e-ticket itself is just on page 1.

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble

We are on guarantee status for the July 1st cruise on the QM2 and we are now 16-17 days out.

We believe the information will be released in the few days.

We have been told that this is not unusual when on guarantee status. So we are waiting for a call from our TA, email from Cunard and still checking the VP online.

So patience is the word till the news comes in.

For whatever reason Cunard doesn't release etickets until your cabin is assigned. With most other cruise lines a guarantee cabin status makes no difference. You can still print your eticket and a generic baggage tag. I'm also sailing in July and the sailing has been released for etickets, but because I'm still under a guarantee cabin assignment mine is held up.

34461419774_c1759ec9e7_o.png

For whatever reason Cunard doesn't release etickets until your cabin is assigned. With most other cruise lines a guarantee cabin status makes no difference. You can still print your eticket and a generic baggage tag. I'm also sailing in July and the sailing has been released for etickets, but because I'm still under a guarantee cabin assignment mine is held up.

34461419774_c1759ec9e7_o.png

I'm holding on with baited breath. I keep seeing the same screen as you each and every time...When is this going to end[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I'm holding on with baited breath. I keep seeing the same screen as you each and every time...When is this going to end[emoji3]

One time when you least expect it, you're going to sign on and poof, the cabin assignment will be there! Then your etickets will instantly be ready.

To be honest I kind of like it. The anticipation that is. Checking my booking daily for any updates. It's kind of like playing the lottery. You don't know what you will end up with!

One time when you least expect it, you're going to sign on and poof, the cabin assignment will be there! Then your etickets will instantly be ready.

To be honest I kind of like it. The anticipation that is. Checking my booking daily for any updates. It's kind of like playing the lottery. You don't know what you will end up with!

Thank you, You're Right!