Le Soleal?

poss

I looked for the "search" function to try to find info on this ship, but I didn't see any search function. If there is one, I hope you'll forgive this post and point me to where "search" is on the board.

Question: Has anyone cruised on this ship? It sounds and looks quite wonderful. Would love to get feedback.

Thanks.

I looked for the "search" function to try to find info on this ship, but I didn't see any search function. If there is one, I hope you'll forgive this post and point me to where "search" is on the board.

Question: Has anyone cruised on this ship? It sounds and looks quite wonderful. Would love to get feedback.

Thanks.

Search function is down. CC is trying to fix it :).

I searched this ship and it is an ocean going yacht, not a river boat. Looks beautiful, though.

• 2 months later...

This is not a river cruise line, but a small luxury ocean line.

I am moving this thread to Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Other Cruise Lines but you might also want to check Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Luxury Cruising

Thanks.

Le Soleal is the identical sister ship to Le Boreal and L'Austral. The only difference is the colour scheme. She will be joined by a fourth identical sister, Le Lyrial, later this year.

I've been on Le Boreal to the Arctic - a very modern ship with well-appointed cabins and the latest technology on the bridge. She is very fast and moves very smoothly and silently through the water. Le Soleal was in port in Reykjavik on the return from the Arctic.

I talk about her a little in my travel blog (in the signature below).

• 1 month later...

I put in a cruise report a week ago. I think it was report no. 1. I would be interested in other people's opinions ad well. Apart from rather boring food and tepid tea and coffee it was a good ship to be on and we were well looked after albeit with some French lack of attention to detail. I

• 7 months later...

I was on an cruise on the Austral. The ship of only 264 is very good. All is biligual (French and English)

The food in the main restaurant is good, well served and presented. The self service restaurant could indeed be a a bit higher.

Their cruises are non world-wide with extra specials ar Arctic and even the passages from Groenland through northern Canada to Alaska and Russia.

Since the ships are small they are able to pass the Corinth Channel and call ports on the Croatian coast where others can't go. They take these from Seabourn since they sold the 3 sisters! The 450 can't do it.

Before the drinks during meal only (wines and others) where included, but since last year they became an "All Inclusive"

It is certainly a company with an excellent growth.

Note they have also the 90 passengers sailing ship "Le Ponant"

When the original company name was "Compagnie du Ponant" they changed it to "Ponant" a way to put a accent on the more international caracter of the company

Thanks for posting this review, LHT28; I wrote it, having done a terrific trip around Indonesia on Ponant's Soleal. The line got our Cruise Critic Editor's Picks award in 2014 for best luxury -- more because of the diverse itineraries and the new ships that are so comfortable and yet perfectly designed for going into out of the way places.

I will say that I agree about the food being fine but not extraordinary. Perhaps, with a French chef, we just expect more? Hope they address that....

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

check under Other cruise lines but you may just have to scroll through

Or use the search at the top of the page

You will have to sort through the hits

CC review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=732

Edited by editor@cruisecritic