Rodeway Inn or Hampton Inn Downtiwn

hollyberry

Thinking of using either one if these properties for a day use after cruise. Anyone have any info as which one would be better to maybe access a beach, water taxi or just something to spend a few hours doing while waiting for a 7:30 pm flight home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How far would we have to walk to find a nice place for lunch?

I assume you're asking around the Hampton Inn? Restaurants are not far at all. That area surrounding the hotel is undergoing a major redevelopment, so lots of new places have opened in recent months.

Within a few blocks walking distance from the hotel, along N Federal Hwy (US1), some old and new restaurants:

Sushi 1

Brass Tap (pub/restaurant)

Mellow Mushroom (pizza, craft beer)

MidiCi (Neapolitan pizza)

Doc B's Fresh Kitchen

Shuck n Dive (Cajun)

Las Olas is a 10-minute walk, where there is a plethora of restaurants.

A couple years ago we were at Las Olas and were very disappointed. It change so much from when we had previously been there. So many stores were empty. Has it changed again.

What is on the Riverwalk?

Greed. The landlord is jacking up all the rents on Las Olas and giving the current tenants an out on their long term leases if they leave. They are trying to attract nothing but chain stores that can afford the outrageous rents.

As far as the Rodeway Inn goes, please know that the city of Fort Lauderdale houses all the homeless there when they are kicking them out of whatever area they happen to be in.

You could not pay me to stay at the Rodeway. Many of the homeless deal with mental illness and can be dangerous.

I was speaking of the Hampton Inn. We have just booked here for a day room after our cruise. Hopefully it will be fine for our luggage storage and for a short walk to a good lunch/brunch sport.