Help, what to pack for a Jan cruise?

Mspokertn

Leave next Thursday for a short 4 day out of Tampa to Cozumel. Do I pack short and t shirts or jeans and long sleeves? Both? Never cruised in winter months. Thanks in advance for a any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending on the Tampa weather it might be a bit chilly when you leave so jeans/long pants are always an option. It's always good to have at least one pair of long pants and a jacket (lightweight). For me it's usually my flying in clothing (jeans and a lightweight sweater or sweatshirt). Once you're out of Tampa shorts and t-shirts will be fine.

Edited by nets33

While it wasn't January, it was December when we sailed back into Tampa a few years ago.

All I know is I wish I would have kept out sweaters, coats, all kinds of stuff! It was about 50 degrees during the morning when we were sailing in. By the time we actually docked it was better, but if you want to watch sailing back in it could be a bit chilly.

Leave next Thursday for a short 4 day out of Tampa to Cozumel. Do I pack short and t shirts or jeans and long sleeves? Both? Never cruised in winter months. Thanks in advance for a any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went out of Miami last year, so further south, and were in long pants and jackets - the high was going to be low to mid-60's. We went to Cozumel and the high there was 72, with water temps that were swimable but still chilly compared to what it feels like in March. I would just say watch the weather forecast and grab what you need - which for me in the Caribbean even in spring includes a couple of hooded sweatshirts for out on the balcony in the evening.

It's easy enough to check the weather forecast right before you leave, and then pack accordingly. Just remember, it can get chilly inside the ships, so bring along a sweater or sweatshirt. I would rather be safe than sorry.