Grand Turk Golf Cart Rental

Rorri

Just got back from a great cruise on Caribbean Princess and had a great time. Reserved a golf cart at Nathans on the Island prior to arriving but gave them the day before by mistake. None were available so the nice lady gave me an SUV for the day which worked great and was better than the cart since i had a party of 8. Had read where others had less than positive experience but mine was awesome and wanted to let you know that. We visited the lighthouse, and several of the resorts on the Northern side which was awesome. They did not require a day pass to use the pools and beautiful beaches, only the drinks we bought at the great seaside bars....

So highly recommend getting away from the docks. Beaches were great, water best i have ever seen and my two grandkids, ages 4 and 18 mos loved it too.

• 1 month later...

I would be very suspicious of someone who has never posted before (or posted since) recommending a company on the port boards:rolleyes:.

If Nathans is getting several bad reviews, I would check other travel review sites as well.

Edited by WNcruiser

Unless there is a revival of Nathans golf cart rentals, so much information have reported no response. We just tried for our summer cruise and could not receive any response.'

Our previous rentals included a cart that failed and they had to pick us up.

Look carefully and read othe CC members posts.

As a moderator at a few other forums on the internet, we have the ability to see the IP address and figure out where the post came from. I wish I was a moderator here so I could do the same. ;)

I would be very suspicious of someone who has never posted before (or posted since) recommending a company on the port boards:rolleyes:.

If Nathans is getting several bad reviews, I would check other travel review sites as well.

I agree I am not so sure about Nathan's. Has anyone of you all used Tony's ? Do you know if you can pick your vehicle up at the cruise terminal?

I have reservations with Tony in a few weeks for scooters. He told me he is located right outside the port to pick up the scooters. I would think he has all his rental vehicles there. Have you made a reservation with him? He responds daily and doesn't as for a CC# to hold the reservation. He's been very easy to deal with.

• 4 weeks later...

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk: Alternative to Nathan's

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

• 1 month later...
So are there beaches you can stop off on the golf cart?

There is a beach right at the port. If you want when you're finished you can drop off the golf cart and hang at the beach after. We stopped off at Jacks Shack with our scooters. He has a small parking lot.

We did find a beach in our tour of the island that we stopped off at and took a dip. Unfortunately we came upon it so I can't give you the location.

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk: Alternative to Nathan's

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

Thank you for this info.....I contacted them and the four seated golf carts are 100 a day and a 2 seated atv is 80. Did u feel safe to leave the cart and go on the beach? Also, do they drive on the right side....- and did you find crazy drivers? My son and I will most likely rent the atv.....just worried about it being stolen....but then again...how far can it get off the island...lol