What to do in Mahogany Bay for the day?

Kiwi_cruiser

We have never been to Mahogany Bay before and I was wondering what is their to do there?, any tips/ideas??

Can you snorkel there?

What do you do when you go there?? :)

Any tips/advise/ideas are very welcome

Everything you every wanted to know about Mahogany Bay is here.

I understand the snorkeling off the end of the far pier is fair. Crouse such things are all subjective to the places one has to compare.

As an added note, Mahogany Bay is on the island of Roatan, where there are half a zillion things to do depending on your interests. West Bay not only is a beautiful beach but the easy access reef snorkeling is very good.

Actually, Mahogany Bay is nice for a beach day and the beach is right there and convenient. Really, it is! :)

If snorkeling is important to you, you'll need to go to West Bay or book a snorkeling excursion.

A snorkeling trip that that takes you to the Barrier Reef (2nd largest in the world) is an experience not to be missed for snorkelers! ;)

LuLu

We chose to book an excursion with Victor Bodden called Fun N Sun. It's a tour of French Harbor and Sandy Bay, go to Monkey Business, and spend a few hours on the West Bay Beach. It's only $30/pp. We will be there in a couple of weeks so I can let you know how it went!

First and most important is to get away from the immediate cruise port area, including the man made Mahogany Beach.

Then you can go to West Bay Beach (which includes Tabyana Beach) and snorkel right from the shore, Gumbalimba Park, Maya Cay, or Little French Key.

The beaches away from the port are quintessional Caribbean and picture perfect! Enjoy this great port!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We really enjoyed our Victor Bodden Fun'n'Sun tour last March. We are planning on doing it again in June:) Lots of sites (even stopped at a grocery store for local beer) and then a couple of hours on a lovely beach. I had two teens with me and the driver turned on his wifi for them in the van, so they were happy as well. The monkey sanctuary was really fun and we took some terrific pictures. Try the nachos at Bananarama - YUMMY!