Maya Key from Coxen Hole - Can you shuttle back and forth?

kosweeps

Hi Everyone! We're thinking about doing the Maya Key excursion and read that it is a five minute boat shuttle from where our NCL shop will be docked. I also read that shuttles leave every 30 minutes from the island. My question is, can you shuttle back and forth if you want? Like say we want to come back to the ship for lunch instead of eating there, could we go back to the ship for a bite and then head back over for a little bit since we'll be there from 8 am -4pm. Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone! We're thinking about doing the Maya Key excursion and read that it is a five minute boat shuttle from where our NCL shop will be docked. I also read that shuttles leave every 30 minutes from the island. My question is, can you shuttle back and forth if you want? Like say we want to come back to the ship for lunch instead of eating there, could we go back to the ship for a bite and then head back over for a little bit since we'll be there from 8 am -4pm. Thank you for your help!

Yes you will be able to shuttle back and forth if you are docked at the Coxen Hole port. The boat runs every 30 min.

You may want to consider lunch at Maya Key. It is included with your excursion and it's a really good island style lunch buffet. Salad, chicken, fish, rice/beans and some fried banana chips (YUM). :)

• 8 months later...
Is any of the food spicy on this excursion? Thank you

I can't speak for the barbecue chicken, but the fried sea bass is amazing! Very flavorful, but not at all spicy. They also have salad, and coconut rice with beans. No sure what your dining needs are, but their website says they offer a vegetarian menu with advance notice.

Angel, neither my wife nor I remember the chicken or rice and beans being spicy. We also don't remember there being any other food there. One thing you may consider though, I do specifically remember them having the chicken and fish in separate serving pans but there's no telling if it was co-mingled before hand.

• 4 months later...