Just off the Vision, ask away..

Is it true they stopped putting shampoo in the dispensers in the showers?? Also some people have been complaining of long waits at the bars?? Just wondering-we leave on Monday for a 10 day to Bermuda and hubby not going to be happy if there is a long wait for his beer.

Thanks

I enjoy reading about each person's experience. Vision is special to me, because it is the only ship I have cruised on twice (2000 and in 2002.) I was also on board in 2008 when my daughter worked on Vision.

Hoping you will post more. Are the beds comfortable?

Did you not bring formal clothes? smh

I work in suits every day so I like to get dressed down once in a while. Formal night for me was a dinner jacket and slacks. Honestly, I was probably dressed up compared to the masses. Formal nights are just a way for the ship to sell pictures and get people to buy expensive bottles of wine in my opinion. They need to start enforcing a dress code for formal night dinners in the MDR.

Edited by stickit34
spelling

Is it true they stopped putting shampoo in the dispensers in the showers?? Also some people have been complaining of long waits at the bars?? Just wondering-we leave on Monday for a 10 day to Bermuda and hubby not going to be happy if there is a long wait for his beer.

Thanks

No shampoo in the shower, not even little hotel bottles. What you are hearing from other reviews is completely true. Super long lines at the bar and at drink service around the ship. We purchased the drink package but it got to the point we didn't want to wait the 20 minutes for a drink so you didn't use the package all that much. The refurb is wonderful and the ship looks great but until the staff gets excited about their jobs on a ship the reviews will suffer.

Going on Vision for the first time in Aug and then again on this same 5 nighter in Sept. I love Enchantment, so if Vision is anything like Enchantment, I will be happy.

Do you have any pictures you can share?????

I work in suits every day so I like to get dressed down once in a while. Formal night for me was a dinner jacket and slacks. Honestly, I was probably dressed up compared to the masses. Formal nights are just a way for the ship to sell pictures and get people to buy expensive bottles of wine in my opinion. They need to start enforces a dress code for formal night dinners in the MDR.

i think it is nice to dress up , slacks and jacket are suitable imo. shame there are so many that cant be bothered.

so what did you think? did it look old? how was the service and food?

We both that some of the improvements were great and the ship looked very nice. The one design flaw that you have heard about being the sinks in the bathroom are very small and you cant fit your hands under the faucet while washing your hands. This is total true and very difficult to deal with. The service and food in the MDR was very good and we actually like the food better than in Chops. For the extra $$, chops just didn't do it for us.

So your saying formal night is Sunday, the day we're in Key West. I thought it was the first sea day.

This is from another thread and another poster about 5 day mdr menu. I was on the 5 day may 3 2014. For us the lobster was night 4.

Formal night will be night 2 and it will be the saffron menu.

Night 4 or 5 will be lobster night which is the jasmine menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We both that some of the improvements were great and the ship looked very nice. The one design flaw that you have heard about being the sinks in the bathroom are very small and you cant fit your hands under the faucet while washing your hands. This is total true and very difficult to deal with. The service and food in the MDR was very good and we actually like the food better than in Chops. For the extra $$, chops just didn't do it for us.

very good, helpful

I was on this sailing of the Vision to Honduras and Cozumel. I thought the re-furbished ship looked wonderful and the staff was helpful and pleasant. I do most of my drinking in the Diamond lounge so I can't comment on bar service. Unlike previous poster, I thought Chops was terrific with their new, more varied menu. Service there was exceptional.

Only downside will be that the wonderful captain Srecko Ban was leaving the ship to go to Quantum, the newest RCCL ship. He was charming (and handsome) and several of the crew told us he was the best captain they ever had. Hotel director Sanjay Kumar, who was very pleasant, was going off on vacation so I don't know how the new officers will affect the cruise experience. Officers were very visible and friendly. We enjoyed our trip.

Edited by Trainer

There have been negative reviews of the ship lately. What was your experience?

I was on the May 31 sailing. The ship itself was in beautiful shape after the recent refurb. I wish I could say the same for the crew. By far the worst service I've experienced in my 11 cruises. In addition, the stateroom walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors as if they were in the room with us.

I'm currently in Ocean View and have an opportunity to upgrade to Balcony for 2x the price. It's been asked over and over again but for FT cruisers, is the upgrade worth it on the Vision?

Brandon

Many years ago we switched from interior cabins to balconies and to us it is worth every penny. We use the balcony to enhance our cruising experience. WE'll sit on the balcony with a pot of coffee in the morning or early in the evening with a glass of wine. Some believe it is for sleeping and changing. That's fine too.

If the difference in price makes a difference as to whether you'll cruise or not then go for the less expensive cabin. If you have some other expense that the money is better spent on, same answer. But if it's pure discretionary spending go for the balcony.