Price drop/Travel agent

We have a cruise booked for 7/16 via our travel agent. I just received an online notification of a price drop from another site. My question is, do travel agents notify clients of price drops or am I eligible for this since we have booked through them already?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by WillieandAngie

• 1 month later...
We have a cruise booked for 7/16 via our travel agent. I just received an online notification of a price drop from another site. My question is, do travel agents notify clients of price drops or am I eligible for this since we have booked through them already?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A good TA will try and watch out for deals and let you know if a better one comes along - My TA while she is nice and helpful she did not do such a good job of keeping an eye on things so I would have to keep an eye out for myself

It depends on the TA, is it a big travel agency or 1 or 2 person owned which offers a personal touch? Mine is the bigger company so I'm forced to track price drops myself and call them.

You should be able to get the lower fare if you haven't paid in full yet and it's before your final payment.

As Paul stated above, you may lose the perks you had before (free grats, OBC, etc) and gain the latest perk offering (OBC, drink package).... it just depends.

What happens if the price drops and you booked thru the cruise line, will they honor a price drop is applicable?

Some will honor a price drop keep in mind though any perks you got will be taken away so if you got OBC or stuff for free that will be taken away and you will get what ever perks are available with the current rate

I am going thru this with Royal right now I keep seeing little price drops like $100 but I got $260 of OBC with each of my rooms so unless the price drops over that amount it's not worth me calling them because I would lose my OBC

I can only speak about Princess but generally yes they will unless your paid in FULL and/or past final payment. This is one of the reasons why you shouldn't pay in full until it's all due.

I do the same thing even if I only leave like $10 on there owed until the final payment date

• 4 weeks later...

So if you book on board and get good or great perks...

Does that mean there is not much use in tracking future cruise prices?

For example if you get a free drink package and generous on board credit, you could be easily getting more than $500 pp in perks. It is unlikely that a 7 day cruise would drop by more than that.

Agree or disagree?

For example if you get a free drink package and generous on board credit, you could be easily getting more than $500 pp in perks. It is unlikely that a 7 day cruise would drop by more than that.

Agree or disagree?

Some fares drop ALOT over a year esp if you book early. So if you booked a year early and got $500 worth of goodies I would still check for fare drops.

Agree or disagree?

disagree

I still would watch the fares

Agree or disagree?

It can't hurt to keep an eye on the fares.