Harbor Night festival in Hamilton

lauren0309

we plan to go to the Festival at night and then the next day go to St. George. So we should buy for 2 days even though the first we are only using it at night. Thanks.

Has anybody taken the train in St. George? If so, do you know what time the first train leaves from the ferry?

Leaving on the Summit tomorrow

Rule of thumb. if you are buying tokens, minimize the time waiting in lines at the VICs by buying enough tokens for all your planned uses of public transportation during your stay in Bermuda.

As for the SG train, I don't think the train leaves from the ferry dock, but departs from Kings Square which is a 5-10 minute walk from the ferry dock.

SBtS

we plan to go to the Festival at night and then the next day go to St. George. So we should buy for 2 days even though the first we are only using it at night. Thanks.

Has anybody taken the train in St. George? If so, do you know what time the first train leaves from the ferry?

The train in St. George leaves from Ordinance Island which is off of Kings Square.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
Hi folks - just want to confirm - if we have the 3 day transportation pass - we don't need to buy access through the ship to Harbor nights, correct?

You really don't even need the Transportation Pass. All you need are 2 tokens ($4.50, 2016) p/p for the ferry. One to go to Hamilton and one to return to the Dockyard.

SBtS

Hi folks - just want to confirm - if we have the 3 day transportation pass - we don't need to buy access through the ship to Harbor nights, correct?

Thanks much!

Right- Harbor Nights is free, the only cost would be the transportation to get there.

We took the fairy, there and back. Arrive early, the lines to get to Hamilton were very long. The way back wasn't as bad.

• 2 months later...

From what I have read, if we buy a 3 day pass, we will be able to pretty much go to all the places of interest on the island by bus or ferry. Is that correct? This will be our first trip to Bermuda, this time by cruise, and I am just not sure what to book through the cruise and what to try on our own. Booking shore excursions holds you to following a clock more more than we would care to, so we would like to just use the transportation if possible.

From what I have read, if we buy a 3 day pass, we will be able to pretty much go to all the places of interest on the island by bus or ferry. Is that correct? This will be our first trip to Bermuda, this time by cruise, and I am just not sure what to book through the cruise and what to try on our own. Booking shore excursions holds you to following a clock more more than we would care to, so we would like to just use the transportation if possible.

Yes, that is correct; but last year, the 3 day Transportation Pass was not sold at the Dockyard, only sold in Hamilton.

SBtS

There is no need to book anything thru the cruise line. You can use public buses or ferries, taxis and minibus shuttles if going to Horseshoe Bay. As far as the transportation pass they were not selling the three day pass last year at the Dockyard. Only one day and two day passes and tokens. We don't know yet what they will sell this year. Last years changes were a surprise so they could spring some new surprises this year. Depends what you plan to do but I have found not buying the passes to be preferable. For going to Horseshoe Bay I take the private minibus shuttles which are $7 a trip. For going to Hamilton or St. George's I use the tokens for the ferry. Tokens also for any other public bus trip.

Exactly. Love Bermuda.

No charge to get into Harbor nights.

They just block off the street for vendors.

We were not impressed. You are not missing anything.

AGREE....not impressed. Interesting to see Hamilton but not worth all the HUB BUB. The return Ferry ride gets Chaotic. Would not do again.

What train in St. George's? I had not heard or read of this but would like it. Thanks.