Allure ship time in Cozumel

cosmar

While looking to reserve an excursion on line, I noticed that arriving in Cozumel is 8AM but Cozumel time is 6AM.

Please tell me if Allure is Cozumel time...

If not, what can we do at 6AM?

For instance, Mr Sancho's open at 9AM which means that in fact it is already 11AM for us.

Is it same problem for Jamaica?

While looking to reserve an excursion on line, I noticed that arriving in Cozumel is 8AM but Cozumel time is 6AM.

Please tell me if Allure is Cozumel time...

If not, what can we do at 6AM?

For instance, Mr Sancho's open at 9AM which means that in fact it is already 11AM for us.

Is it same problem for Jamaica?

The time difference is only 1 hour behind. The ship stays on Eastern Time. Jamaica is the same time as ship time

The time difference is only 1 hour behind. The ship stays on Eastern Time. Jamaica is the same time as ship time

Actually, Cosmar is on the same cruise I am on in March. Cozumel is usually one hour behind EST. However, Daylight savings time starts in the US the day we leave for our cruise, but according to the DST online charts Cozumel is still running on the older system and doesn't start their DST until a few weeks later, so for this particular sailing, yes there is a 2 hour time difference between EST and Cozumel time.

Yes... In the US we "spring ahead" on March 10.. but Cozumel will not change their time until April 7.... so those few weeks in between ships leaving from Florida on Eastern time will be 2 hours ahead of Mexico.

I will be sure to be on my balcony watching the "runners" on my upcoming cruise during that time!!!!

Actually, Cosmar is on the same cruise I am on in March. Cozumel is usually one hour behind EST. However, Daylight savings time starts in the US the day we leave for our cruise, but according to the DST online charts Cozumel is still running on the older system and doesn't start their DST until a few weeks later, so for this particular sailing, yes there is a 2 hour time difference between EST and Cozumel time.

thanks for the infos....What is there to do in Cozumel at 6AM? Don't believe the shops will even be opened at the port...No need to leave the ship early. Also, I must remember to put my watch 1 hour ehead for boarding time in Fort Lauderdale..

So, going to Mr Sancho's, it will already be 11AM, ship time...

What about Jamaica? will they be 1 hour earlier than ship time? OMG!!!

thanks for the infos....What is there to do in Cozumel at 6AM? Don't believe the shops will even be opened at the port...No need to leave the ship early. Also, I must remember to put my watch 1 hour ehead for boarding time in Fort Lauderdale..

So, going to Mr Sancho's, it will already be 11AM, ship time...

What about Jamaica? will they be 1 hour earlier than ship time? OMG!!!

Yup...thanks to the US and the wonky spring ahead schedule, we are an hour ahead in Jamaica. We don't plan on getting off the ship in Cozumel before 7:45. We have a ten o'clock excursion (8 am Cozumel) with the America's Cup Regatta yacht racing and then we're heading over to Mr. Sanchos at about 1:00 (11 Cozumel time). We'll miss the first two hours there, but dh really wants to race those yachts.

Some ships change to the local time and some don't. Apparently there is no 'standard'. We went to Bermuda on both the Enchantment and Explorer and both changed to local 'port' times. It really is not all that difficult to change our watches to the local time and it makes it more convenient when on shore.

We have a ten o'clock excursion (8 am Cozumel) with the America's Cup Regatta yacht racing and then we're heading over to Mr. Sanchos at about 1:00 (11 Cozumel time). We'll miss the first two hours there, but dh really wants to race those yachts.

Great choice, one of my all time favorite excursions.

Best job IMHO is main sail trimmer.

Last two Caribbean cruises the Captain surprised us and had us change our watches to local time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, the only Royal cruise I have been on that changed the clocks was our transatlantic. All of the others kept us on ships time.

Last two Caribbean cruises the Captain surprised us and had us change our watches to local time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that would be a nice surprise!!! I wonder if there are times that they do it based on the ship excursions that work with local tour operators. (rather then getting them to start earlier, the ship just changes to their time)

Archived