Hair braiding

Ready2Cruise2016

Yea. Only place more common is Bahamas. But be very clear upfront to set the exact price. Then stand literally right with your child. Most are very upfront, but plenty of stories where they do someones whole head in just minutes, then charge for every strand , every bead, etc.

Oh, and then be way more cautious for the rest of your trip to guard against sunburn on the scalp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by dna1990

Is it easy to find someone in Jamaica that can quickly braid a few strands of my daughters hair with some beads? Anyone know about how much they charge?

We have seen them at almost all Caribbean ports.

But as other poster stated......

ESTABLISH WHAT YOU WANT.

They will get carried away and attempt to do more and charge more.

Take smaller bills, a so this way if they dont have change you have exact payment.

Also, just an FYI.

It is not like a salon back home.

Always wondered if the combs are cleaned between users.

FYI, they wrap tight.

She got one and it was 8 dollars with beads (ton of beads)

We had to cut our daughters out of her head before she went back to school, greatful it was under the side and not up front.

Good luck.

Yea. Only place more common is Bahamas. But be very clear upfront to set the exact price. Then stand literally right with your child. Most are very upfront, but plenty of stories where they do someones whole head in just minutes, then charge for every strand , every bead, etc.

Oh, and then be way more cautious for the rest of your trip to guard against sunburn on the scalp.

We have seen them at almost all Caribbean ports.

But as other poster stated......

ESTABLISH WHAT YOU WANT.

Take smaller bills, a so this way if they dont have change you have exact payment.

FYI, they wrap tight.

She got one and it was 8 dollars with beads (ton of beads)

We had to cut our daughters out of her head before she went back to school, greatful it was under the side and not up front.

Thank you both for the tips! I'd never have thought to keep a close guard that they don't do more than we want!! But if we have to end up cutting the braid out, she'd be a VERY unhappy person.

She does ASL music videos on you tube, and was really wanting to some braids to do one of the videos on. But we'll see now...

Edited by Ready2Cruise2016

Why in the heck would you have to CUT a braid out? :eek:

It's a braid, not a dreadlock, for crying out loud!!! Start at the bottom and unbraid it. :rolleyes:

The wrap braid my daughter had was permanently braided/knotted with beads, unable to un-braid:rolleyes:.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

That is why we had it placed in the side under other hair......

Just sayin

I tried it once...I had my hair braided in Belize for $10. She did a wonderful job, but I did not realize she would put a greasy liquid on my hair to help her braid easier and keep flyaways down. It was nasty and smelled really bad too. I have no idea what it was, but I could not wait to get back to my room to shampoo it out. It took 3 shampoo/rinse to come clean.