Beach walking distance from Cruise Port?

JamesGNYC

I saw the Philipsburg cruise port is fairly close to the main beach (The beach where the Methodist Church and Holland House are located). Is it walking distance/ a nice walk to that beach area? Is it a nice beach? Looking to have a beach day for our day at St. Maartin

Edited by jamesg588

You can walk it in about 10 - 15 minutes. There's also a short water taxi but I forget the cost. Hubby and I decided recently we needed to walk!

Also, the beach is great! Many good deals for lounge chairs. Usually $25 for two chairs, umbrella and 5 beers (something like that).

Have fun 😆

You can walk it in about 10 - 15 minutes. There's also a short water taxi but I forget the cost. Hubby and I decided recently we needed to walk!

Also, the beach is great! Many good deals for lounge chairs. Usually $25 for two chairs, umbrella and 5 beers (something like that).

Have fun 😆

perfect, thank you!!!

It will take 20-25 minutes to walk to the Holland House. The good thing walking that far is way less people on the beach in this area but plenty of beach bars to get good deals on chairs and drinks.

How is the walk to the beach? Is it safe? In which direction should we go from the port? Thank you in advance for the info.

You can see the beach from the ship. Walk through the shopping village and as you exit the pier follow signs to "taxi. Stay to your left on the sidewalk and watch for "beach" sign and you will be cutting through a Marina. There will be many other walkers so it is safe.

Have fun 😆

Hi are there restrooms at this beach by the port?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I had a very long walk in Barbados, to the beach. I was nervous about walking to this beach. We started to walk and then we saw a water taxi for $7, round trip to the beach. I decided to spend the money and not walk to the beach.

The water was very clear and the kids went seashell hunting, instead of looking for fish.

I'm so happy, it was not polluted, on the day, we were there.

Vendors came by but when we said, "No TY", they kept walking.