Hertz vs Coastal vs Arthurs Car Rental?

RecoveryDude

Renting a car in port and deciding who to go with. Hertz has a Toyota Corrola avail for $65 total, plus $12 optional collision damage. Seems reasonable for October ... Coastal is more ... and charges more for insurance.

Anyone have any experience with any of these companies renting a car for the day?

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Coastal has an office at the cruise terminal and their car lot is nearby - I haven't used them for several years, but they were good and I have heard recent favorable reports. I do not know about Hertz and Avis' locations: perhaps at the airport, which could involve a fair amount of time to and from ---- you could probably get details on line.

'

We rented from hertz a couple of weeks ago. They have a cruise terminal location. After you check in they take you in a car a few blocks away to the car lot to pick up your rental but you can drop it off at the cruise terminal at the end of the day. Had a good experience overall

We rented from hertz a couple of weeks ago. They have a cruise terminal location. After you check in they take you in a car a few blocks away to the car lot to pick up your rental but you can drop it off at the cruise terminal at the end of the day. Had a good experience overall

Since Hertz has facilities at the cruise terminal - and good pricing - they would be my choice.

I rented with Hertz as well. You should be able to find a discount code to get a lower rate ($45 with AAA). I would recommend buying the insurance and taking lots of pictures of the car. It's one of those places where you could get nailed for something like a pre-existing dent. Most of the cars are white corollas.

We rented from Hertz at the airport and dropped at the cruise terminal when we stayed up in Grand Case for one week prior to our cruise. I took video of the entire car before we rented it and also when we dropped it off. No problems at all on either end.