Summit Spring Break Cruise

LollyMoz

DH and I have booked a southern Caribbean cruise on the Summit in late March to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. My question is for anyone who has sailed this itinerary over spring break... Are there tons of kids? Is it a party/booze cruise? We both work in a school so are very limited as to when we can sail and we wanted a particular itinerary, so we kind of had no choice but to book then. We booked a CS (7138) - our first time in a suite! Any advice is very welcome. We haven't sailed on X since 2002!

The Summit is our favorite ship. We've sailed her 4x. Two were over Spring Break and 2 over New Years. I never thought either sailing had many kids. I remember my husband commenting on how many more children there were on the Jewel parked next to us in San Juan.

Celebrity has less children in general compared to other lines, and I find that most families prefer to sail from FL with children. You won't be disappointed. My favorite ship and Caribbean itinerary.

Jessica

I am on this cruise with my 1-2 daughters that are also teachers.;)

Last spring, we took the 7 night W. Caribbean on the Reflection from Florida. The year before we took the 5 night on the Constellation SB cruise. Neither had many kids. Most with kids will go for the ships that have all the bells and whistles that keep kids busy. However, this cruise could have local families onboard from the area. I don't know the school schedule in PR. We have been on a couple of cruises out of PR. One had a large number of families onboard. The other did not.

Edited by Iamthesea

I am on this cruise with my 1-2 daughters that are also teachers.;)

Last spring, we took the 7 night W. Caribbean on the Reflection from Florida. The year before we took the 5 night on the Constellation SB cruise. Neither had many kids. Most with kids will go for the ships that have all the bells and whistles that keep kids busy. However, this cruise could have local families onboard from the area. I don't know the school schedule in PR. We have been on a couple of cruises out of PR. One had a large number of families onboard. The other did not.

We found out years ago that if the ships are not full the cruise line offers the PR folks large discount's to sail. Kind of upset me when I found out what they payed for a cabin similar to mine.

We found out years ago that if the ships are not full the cruise line offers the PR folks large discount's to sail. Kind of upset me when I found out what they payed for a cabin similar to mine.

Oh yeah, and they sell those cabins to the locals for REALLY cheap, and they were loaded with kids. Some of the largest cabins went for $350 per person. And you could tell that this was last minute because it appeared that they boarded the ship with hardly any luggage or clothing. This was before Celebrity dumbed down the dress code, but the groups of locals were barely dressed for dinner at all and the many kids were left unattended for all hours of the morning. We had kids knocking on our door at 3am, and these were not teens, but kids that were 10 to 12 years old.

I see you're on the March 27, 2017 5 night cruise. Your cruise doesn't look very booked. Could be because it's an unusual, shorter itinerary. I'd watch prices because I betcha they're going to come down.

If you take a look at the dates between March and April for the Summit, you'll see which dates are going to be the busiest. At this point, it looks like the April 1st is the one that is going to be packed with families. This is also the week the kids in Puerto Rico have off from school. For those reasons, we avoided that week like the plague.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
just saw your cruise dates

I see you're on the March 27, 2017 5 night cruise. Your cruise doesn't look very booked. Could be because it's an unusual, shorter itinerary. I'd watch prices because I betcha they're going to come down.

If you take a look at the dates between March and April for the Summit, you'll see which dates are going to be the busiest. At this point, it looks like the April 1st is the one that is going to be packed with families. This is also the week the kids in Puerto Rico have off from school. For those reasons, we avoided that week like the plague.

Good tip, thanks! And phew! Glad we booked the week before Puerto Rico's school break...