Sunshine on a hump balcony

fantasy51

We will be cruising on the Equinox in August (Athens to Istanbul) and have a choice of several rooms. One is 1094, which is not on the hump and therefore has a normal balcony. There are also several balconies available on the back (?) of the hump, therefore with a larger balcony, e.g. 1124.

My friend loves sunshine. A larger balcony would be wonderful for him but the important thing is hours of sunshine. I wondered if the hump would block sunshine (or if you were lucky give you more!), compared with a normal-facing balcony.

As for me, I am more interested in silence. I am noise sensitive and can't wear ear plugs. Would having inside cabins (and possibly banging doors) make 1094 unattractive, whereas the undisclosed white areas near 1122 to 1126 might be quieter?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Diane

We had a hump balcony in the Med. Sometimes it was unusable because of the sun - so hot. Other times it was in the shade. Totally depends where the ship is in relation to the sun. The views on the hump are fabulous. We had no issues with noise.

Edited by Pushka

We have been on several hump cabins. Noise was not a factor except for some coming from an adjacent cleaning storage closet in the morning. As for sunshine, it is a nice mix. There is plenty of shade by the slider but when you move out, the sunshine tends to take over. Be advised that you should take into consideration the location of the sun on your cruise as well.

We will be cruising on the Equinox in August (Athens to Istanbul) and have a choice of several rooms. One is 1094, which is not on the hump and therefore has a normal balcony. There are also several balconies available on the back (?) of the hump, therefore with a larger balcony, e.g. 1124.

My friend loves sunshine. A larger balcony would be wonderful for him but the important thing is hours of sunshine. I wondered if the hump would block sunshine (or if you were lucky give you more!), compared with a normal-facing balcony.

As for me, I am more interested in silence. I am noise sensitive and can't wear ear plugs. Would having inside cabins (and possibly banging doors) make 1094 unattractive, whereas the undisclosed white areas near 1122 to 1126 might be quieter?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Diane

If you are going to the Med in August, you want some shade. Otherwise it will be too hot on that balcony.

We had a hump cabin on Solstice and there was a fair amount of shade on the balcony. The balconies are larger.

1124 is a great cabin. You get the advantages of having the extended balcony and a central location near the stairs and elevators. Depending on where the sun sits relative to the starboard side of the ship, you can get close to the rail for more exposure, or closer to your balcony door to avoid it. You will also get some protection from the wind as the cabin is oriented slightly aft. These cabins don't last long. Book it!