Cruising India

seagoingJLW

I have been trying to find a cruise which goes around the Indian subcontinent without any success. Does anyone know of such a cruise or a cruiseline that does this voyage? I am not interested in going to China, Thailand, or Japan as we have already done that.

I do really want to visit India on a cruise.

I should appreciate any help that you can offer.

Joan

Just curious to know if the info above was useful to you :) .....or not?:(

Not really. I am looking for a cruise on a regular cruiseline that isn't overpriced. RCCI had one years ago, when they had their Royal Journeys. At that time, we took the cruise they offered around the Arabian Peninsula.

Joan

Sorry about that as it seemed like a real possibility.

I knew they went there as the last 3 ports on our 503/504 btb are in India (we fly home from Chennai) and the next one was "Passage".(starting in Chennai)

Swan Hellenic is a "regular" line. It is yet another member of the P and O Group. The prices might seem high on first look, but tips, all excursions, speakers are included.......and like all other cruise lines, theres discounts to be had.

Sorry about that as it seemed like a real possibility.

I knew they went there as the last 3 ports on our 503/504 btb are in India (we fly home from Chennai) and the next one was "Passage".(starting in Chennai)

Swan Hellenic is a "regular" line. It is yet another member of the P and O Group. The prices might seem high on first look, but tips, all excursions, speakers are included.......and like all other cruise lines, theres discounts to be had.

I know it is a regular cruiseline. But paying in pounds is not good for us right now. The dollar is too weak.

Joan

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know it is a regular cruiseline. But paying in pounds is not good for us right now. The dollar is too weak.

Joan

We are booked on MV Discovery (sister ship of the Love Boat) in November 2011 and we are stopping at 3 places in India. You can check it out on the Discovery Cruise web site. They only have the one ship. There are also a few reviews on cruise critic.

Wendy

Dear Wendy,

Is this the route you will be following:

Safaga • Jeddah • Massawa • Salalah • Muscat • Mumbai (Flying back from Mumbai to London)

Teresa

Hi Teresa,

Yes, that's the route for the first part of our cruise. We are staying on the ship in Mumbai for a few days and continue on to Goa and Cochin and Colombo, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Bangkok. We will be on the ship for 37 days but you can book shorter parts of the cruise.

We will be flying from Ottawa to London and stay overnight and then continue on to Safaga. They have a package deal. You can check it out with them or you can e-mail me at wenbob@magma.ca and I can tell you who we booked our package with. (We are not allowed to post that info here I don't think.)

Wendy

i'm kind of surprised no mainstream lines are doing this. maybe there is a lack of infrastructure along the coast.

swan hellanic is an uber-luxury, all-inclusive if i recall my research correctly. way out of my price range.

costa is know for doing unusual itineraries, maybe they'll start if there is enough interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Regent has a deluxe cruise in March 2112 that hits three ports in India

Mar 12 Mon Singapore

Mar 13 Tue Cruise the Strait of Malacca

Mar 14 Wed Phuket, Thailand

Mar 15 Thu Cruise the Anaman Sea

Mar 16 Fri At Sea

Mar 17 Sat Chennai (Madras), India

Mar 18 Sun Chennai (Madras), India

Mar 19 Mon Trincomalee, Sri Lanka

Mar 20 Tue Gallee, Sri Lanka

Mar 21 Wed Colombo, Sri Lanka

Mar 22 Thu Cruise the Coast of India

Mar 23 Fri Goa (Mormugao), India

Mar 24 Sat Mumbai (Bombay), India

Mar 25 Sun Mumbai (Bombay), India

Mar 26 Mon Cruise the Indian Ocean

Mar 27 Tue Cruise the Arabian Sea

Mar 28 Wed Muscat (Port Qaboos), Oman

Mar 29 Thu Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Mar 30 Fri Dubai, United Arab Emirates

http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY120312/itinerary.aspx

Edited by dcl

JLW, we did a reposition cruise from Singapore to Dubai in April on Azamara Quest. The ship is superb in every way. We stopped in Cochin and Mumbai. Check the itinerary for 2012. I believe they may also be stopping in Goa as well. The ship also goes the other way through the middle east and on to the orient to begin it's season there. Check that as well.

Good luck.

David

• 3 years later...

I know this is super old but am looking for the same thing as the OP and see that Azamara offers something that mostly fits the bill. they only show 2014 trips though so I'm trying to find out if it will be offered in 2015.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I'm on a repo on Rhapsody of the Seas : Singapore - Dubai in May next year. 4 stops in India : Cochin, New Mangalore, Goa and Mumbai.

Super old thread. Thought I'd bring this back to life.

Just booked Celebrity Constellation for 2018 stopping in Goa, Mumbai, New Mangalore .

Any recommendations for private tours.

Just booked Celebrity Constellation for 2018 stopping in Goa, Mumbai, New Mangalore .

Erik!!

Highly recommend Mumbai Magic for tours but in Mumbai itself we used a charitable organisation with students who walked us around in very small groups as well as using buses, trains and taxis. The most extraordinary, unforgettable day. Can I link you up with my blog which has all the details.

Erik!!

Highly recommend Mumbai Magic for tours but in Mumbai itself we used a charitable organisation with students who walked us around in very small groups as well as using buses, trains and taxis. The most extraordinary, unforgettable day. Can I link you up with my blog which has all the details.

Lol Linda....you changed your avatar, I didn't realize it was you. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes I subscribed to your live thread. And I will most definitely refer to it when I get ready to book tours. :D

Thank You

Hi cruiseboy305

We used Grand Mumbai personalised day tours. Pranav, the owner, answers your emails promptly, is flexible, friendly and honest. Has great reviews on Tripadvisor. We couldn't have been happier with him.

Enjoy India