Emerald Princess Cruise Blog with TONS of photos, videos! Caribbean 10-Day Jan 18-28

JustinPlusLauren

Thank you so much for posting your blog we will be on the ship for New Years Eve looking so forward to it....:)

I hope you enjoy your New Years Cruise, that sounds wonderful! You'll love the Emerald, she is truly a beautiful ship and we really enjoyed our cruise so much. :)

Great blog, great pictures and what looked to be a great time, thank you for such a great review......we cruise the Emerald in 77 days and this made we wish the time would get here much sooner!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it and I hope it gets you excited for your upcoming cruise! 77 days will be here in no time! Enjoy! :)

• 6 months later...

Hi all! I don't normally do this (and forgive me if it's against forum rules and you delete this post) but I'd love your help! To everyone that enjoyed my blog last year as I wrote all about our cruise aboard the Emerald Princess...My blog "Justin Plus Lauren" has been nominated for a Bloggy award! I am so happy right now that we've been nominated! I would love it if you would consider voting for us to win Best Canadian Weblog!

You can vote here: http://2015.bloggi.es/

And scroll down to Best Canadian Weblog and vote for Justin Plus Lauren.

I'll be blogging extensively about my upcoming cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess next week, too! It would be INCREDIBLE if my blog could win best Canadian weblog!!! I don't see any other cruise blogs nominated for any awards, so how cool would it be if a cruising travel blog could win! :)

You just click the circle that says Justin Plus Lauren, and then you can vote in other categories if you'd like. Scroll to the bottom, enter your name and email address, and you're done voting! Don't worry, you won't be spammed with any messages or anything like that.

Thank you so so much!!

• 4 months later...

And yes, while we only sat in Darko's section once, he was very sweet and it would have been great getting to know him better - although I feel as though I do a little bit from reading your blog!

Sorry for butting in here Lauren but is the Darko you are referring to from Montenegro? Tall, slim with a heavy accent? (I am trying to upload a picture for you to see if it's the same guy...or maybe you have one to upload.) He was our head waiter last week on the Emerald.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for butting in here Lauren but is the Darko you are referring to from Montenegro? Tall, slim with a heavy accent? (I am trying to upload a picture for you to see if it's the same guy...or maybe you have one to upload.) He was our head waiter last week on the Emerald.

That's him. He's from Macedonia. This is the second best bit of news I could hear. Best would have been that he had emigrated to Vancouver as he wanted to. But he was just so darn good as a waiter that he deserved to be a headwaiter. I hope we see him again on the Emerald Princess next winter.

I am going to butt in on my own thread for a moment - we were nominated for Filmmaker of the Year at a website called Tripfilms and we'd love your vote.

Please vote for "Justin Plus Lauren" here: http://tripfilms.com/trippy

We were nominated in 3 other categories, too!

If you'd like some more info, check out our blog post about it! http://justinpluslauren.com/tripfilms-filmmaker-of-the-year

Thank you SO much, we'd love to get the "Cruise Critic" bump! 😊

Edited by JustinPlusLauren

That's him. He's from Macedonia. This is the second best bit of news I could hear. Best would have been that he had emigrated to Vancouver as he wanted to. But he was just so darn good as a waiter that he deserved to be a headwaiter. I hope we see him again on the Emerald Princess next winter.

He is pretty special that's for sure. We're going shopping when we're in Florida in October. LOL He did bring up Vancouver...said that he wants to be a "professional driver" out there... says that he needs to make money to support his wife and daughter. Apparently he has relatives who live there as well.

Edited by spcl4cs_gal

Lauren, you've got my vote!

spcl4cs_gal, do you know when Darko is returning home? I've just emailed him to ask, too, but wonder if he'll be on the Emerald when we're on it next winter. It would probably be on his next contract, though he may be on for Christmas (he was able to be home last Christmas, and they usually try to alternate).

Lauren, you've got my vote!

spcl4cs_gal, do you know when Darko is returning home? I've just emailed him to ask, too, but wonder if he'll be on the Emerald when we're on it next winter. It would probably be on his next contract, though he may be on for Christmas (he was able to be home last Christmas, and they usually try to alternate).

He told me that his present contract ends on Nov 22 and then he's off for three months. Six on, three off, six on, three off. Not yet sure if he is returning to the Emerald or not. I emailed him when I returned home from the Med but haven't heard back from him yet. If he responds to your message, tell him to answer his emails! LOL And ask him if he remembers the date when I will be sailing with him again. :) This was a week long joke between the two of us.

He told me that his present contract ends on Nov 22 and then he's off for three months. Six on, three off, six on, three off. Not yet sure if he is returning to the Emerald or not. I emailed him when I returned home from the Med but haven't heard back from him yet. If he responds to your message, tell him to answer his emails! LOL And ask him if he remembers the date when I will be sailing with him again. :) This was a week long joke between the two of us.

So happy we read this post. We had the pleasure of meeting Darko back in Jan. 2014. We'll be on the Emerald on Sept. and wondering if you remember what dining room he was assigned to recently as we would like to at least drop by to congratulate him on his promotion to Head Waiter.

Cheers

Louden

So happy we read this post. We had the pleasure of meeting Darko back in Jan. 2014. We'll be on the Emerald on Sept. and wondering if you remember what dining room he was assigned to recently as we would like to at least drop by to congratulate him on his promotion to Head Waiter.

Cheers

Louden

He was in the International Cafe during the day and the Michelangelo DR at night for the dinner crowd. :)

• 4 weeks later...