Emerald Princess Cruise Blog with TONS of photos, videos! Caribbean 10-Day Jan 18-28

JustinPlusLauren

Now we are onto Day 7 of our cruise - the island of Bonaire! Oh my goodness....this was such an amazing day. We went snorkeling with Woodwind Cruises off the little island of Klein Bonaire. Wow...I still can't believe how many fish we saw...and sea turtles! Tons and tons of photos here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-snorkeling-klein-bonaire-day-7/

Usually they try to plan a couple of shows around dinner time, so one earlier and one later - one to accommodate those with early traditional dinner time and those with later traditional dinner time. Then there are other random shows or events throughout the evening. Since we were anytime dining, we would often plan our dinner time around which shows or things we wanted to attend in the evening!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hi Lauren. My husband and I were the couple from upstate New York on the Woodwind excursion. I have to say your review and pictures bring back many great memories of our day in Bonaire. Woodwind is the best. We've taken their excursion a couple of times now, and you can't find a better place to snorkel in the Caribbean or a better tour operator! We are really enjoying your blog and look forward to the next installment.

Hi Lauren. My husband and I were the couple from upstate New York on the Woodwind excursion. I have to say your review and pictures bring back many great memories of our day in Bonaire. Woodwind is the best. We've taken their excursion a couple of times now, and you can't find a better place to snorkel in the Caribbean or a better tour operator! We are really enjoying your blog and look forward to the next installment.

Hello, nice to see you on here!! We had such an amazing time on that tour! We won't hesitate to book it again the next time we are in Bonaire. I'm glad the blog is bringing back memories for you. I hope to have the next installment ready in a day or so, on my next day off work! Very nice to reconnect with you here on the forums :)

We've updated the blog again with the rest of our day in Bonaire! We walked around the rest of the very brightly colored downtown area, with a stop at the Market! Then, we enjoyed some yummy food back on board for dinner :)

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-walking-around-kralendijk-bonaire-day-7/

Here is the newest video from Bonaire! You'll see our snorkel tour with Woodwind with many fish and a sea turtle! You'll also see downtown Kralendijk, a sunset and sailing away from the port at night.

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-video-of-bonaire-snorkeling-and-downtown-kralendijk/

Hi Lauren! Back from our great cruise on the Emerald and I've been busy reading all your great blog posts. We went to the Underwater Sculpture Park on our day in Grenada and it was wonderful! But your Grenada visit turned out SPECTACULAR, right? What a great guide you found and what an awesome tour you ended up doing!! :cool:

Edited by canadarocks

Canadarocks - That's awesome that you got to see the underwater sculptures! That's what our original plans were for that day before our tour got cancelled. We will just have to go back to Grenada to do that!

Colo - Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Posted the first half of our Aruba visit! We went snorkeling with an on board excursion to two different snorkel sites - one off Boca Catalina beach and one to the Antilla shipwreck. As you'll read in the post, I had a very...let's say, interesting day on the tour!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-snorkeling-in-aruba/

Posted the first half of our Aruba visit! We went snorkeling with an on board excursion to two different snorkel sites - one off Boca Catalina beach and one to the Antilla shipwreck. As you'll read in the post, I had a very...let's say, interesting day on the tour!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-cruise-snorkeling-in-aruba/

Yikes, how awful for you to be stung like that! I've read that the snorkeling isn't really that great in Aruba, and then that happens. So sorry for you Lauren! :(

Yikes, how awful for you to be stung like that! I've read that the snorkeling isn't really that great in Aruba, and then that happens. So sorry for you Lauren! :(

It's okay, it was definitely an "experience" and it didn't ruin the day or anything! It was a little bit scary when I didn't know what was happening, but the snorkeling wasn't great at that location that day anyway, so I didn't miss out! Next time we will stick with a land tour in Aruba, or book through a private operator with good recommendations from CC :)

It's okay, it was definitely an "experience" and it didn't ruin the day or anything! It was a little bit scary when I didn't know what was happening, but the snorkeling wasn't great at that location that day anyway, so I didn't miss out! Next time we will stick with a land tour in Aruba, or book through a private operator with good recommendations from CC :)

If you ever get back there, book Bully (Amador Lacie) for an island tour waaay in advance. He is amazing! Maximum of 5 people and he'll take you anywhere you want to go! Our day with him was one of our favorites ever. :)

If you ever get back there, book Bully (Amador Lacie) for an island tour waaay in advance. He is amazing! Maximum of 5 people and he'll take you anywhere you want to go! Our day with him was one of our favorites ever. :)

That sounds amazing! I will definitely keep him in mind. That sounds like our kind of day!

Another great video, thanks Lauren. We lucked out on our day in Aruba as it was Carnival, so we spent hours watching all the floats and people in awesome costumes and headdresses! :cool:

Oh wow that sounds amazing! You totally lucked out with that one, what a unique experience! :)

Thanks again Lauren for some great pictures. We feel the same way about sea days. Usually I don't like them, but this cruise was so port intensive the sea days were a godsend!

I wish a few more people would comment on all your great posts here on Cruise Critic. I call see that tons of people are reading them, so please know that all your blog and video efforts are appreciated! :)

Edited by canadarocks

Aw Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I really appreciate that! I hope that lots of people are reading and it helps people either plan their cruise, re-live a past cruise, or maybe make the decision to book a cruise! We had so much fun and I'm having a blast working on this because I get to re-live my awesome vacation, too!!