Sawgrass Mills from 17th street Fort Lauderdale

joeybee

Sorry if this has been posted before. What is the quickest, cheapest, easiest way to get from fort lauderdale (we're staying at the Holiday Inn express on 17th st) to Sawgrass Mills Mall?

We are flying in and would rather not rent a car.

In the past we have taken a city bus to Sawgrass. It's certainly the cheapest but definitely not the quickest. Could not recommend it but if you are up for an adventure you might give it a try. We went there to buy a suitcase as ours had been damaged at the airport. Can't tell you how much fun it was hauling a huge bag back on that bus. We laugh about it now but at the time ........

Sorry if this has been posted before. What is the quickest, cheapest, easiest way to get from fort lauderdale (we're staying at the Holiday Inn express on 17th st) to Sawgrass Mills Mall?

We are flying in and would rather not rent a car.

Pick one, you can't' have all three.

Quickest: Car rental.

Easiest: Car service or cab.

Cheapest: City bus.

It isn't far distance wise but the drive by car or car service/cab will be 30 minutes.

By city bus at least an hour.

it looked close ... would you say it is walkable? (to the central terminal obviously!)

or would one bus fare carry you all the way with a transfer?

been a long time since I used a bus with any regularity.

Holiday Inn Express is 3.5 miles from Central Bus Terminal.

Broward buses haven't done transfers for the last few years. You pay for each bus. ride, or buy a day pass. Here's current fare information... http://www.broward.org/BCT/Fares/Pages/FaresPasses.aspx

Thank you for all that information! I'm staying on 17th Street as well, and would love to go to Sawgrass. Getting to Galleria Mall is easy too. I took the Sun Trolley for $1

I don't mind sitting on a bus for an hour.....have done it lots where I live.

I think I saw the #40 go by in December while waiting for the trolley.

:D

Thank you for all that information! I'm staying on 17th Street as well, and would love to go to Sawgrass. Getting to Galleria Mall is easy too. I took the Sun Trolley for $1

I don't mind sitting on a bus for an hour.....have done it lots where I live.

I think I saw the #40 go by in December while waiting for the trolley.

:D

The 40 as well as the trolley goes from 17th St to Galleria Mall. You can then take the 36 from across the street from Galleria to Sawgrass Mills. This way is longer, but you don't have to stand around at the central terminal which is not in a nice area.

The 40 as well as the trolley goes from 17th St to Galleria Mall. You can then take the 36 from across the street from Galleria to Sawgrass Mills. This way is longer, but you don't have to stand around at the central terminal which is not in a nice area.

The bus terminal is sketchy as hell. I won't get out of my car at the McDonalds there.