Egypt

MS Amsterdam has a scheduled Alexandria stop on the 2015 World Cruise.

Cunard's QM2 and QE are scheduled to stop in Egypt on their 2015 World Voyages, as well.

If you are looking for a cruise specifically to go to Egypt, I would not bother. We were scheduled to have two stops on this year's World Voyage but they were cancelled about a month in advance.

Cunard's QM2 and QE are scheduled to stop in Egypt on their 2015 World Voyages, as well.

If you are looking for a cruise specifically to go to Egypt, I would not bother. We were scheduled to have two stops on this year's World Voyage but they were cancelled about a month in advance.

When your stops in egypt were cancelled, what ports did you visit instead? Were you given an option of canceling during that month.? We have a trip to egypt planned on holland america but we don't yet know if we will making that stop or not.... Just wait and see I guess.

On a number of past cruise ships that cancelled Eqypt, they often added a day in Israel and a day in a Greek port. Luckily we went a couple of years ago and had no problems. But until things settle down, and the elections and trials are over, I suspect many ships will cancel stops in Egypt. One thing to consider. If you can make a last minute cruise, (and that also means last minute air fare to Europe), you may find a ship or two that will still call on Alexandria if things look right at the last minute.

Does anyone know of any cruise lines stopping in Egypt for 2015-2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly if you want to go see Egypt, fly there. Take a Nile cruise and see Abu Simbel as well. Spend time at Giza and go to Dahshur as well. A cruise doesn't really allow you to see Egypt.

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly if you want to go see Egypt, fly there. Take a Nile cruise and see Abu Simbel as well. Spend time at Giza and go to Dahshur as well. A cruise doesn't really allow you to see Egypt.

I second this. We were on a cruise where our Egyptian port was cancelled. We took a land tour the next spring, and it worked out so much better...got to see so much. The really wonderful monuments are down in Abu Simbel and Luxor.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Holland America Ryndam this October with scheduled stops in Alexandra and Pt. Said. This is the first ship with Egypt scheduled stops this year with HAL. According to our TA, they are monitoring the situation and will make a decision at a later date. In the past, Israel has been the alternative. Now sadly with the events taking place in Israel, I have no idea where the ship may be stopping. It is a wait and see at this point.

We are on Holland America Ryndam this October with scheduled stops in Alexandra and Pt. Said. This is the first ship with Egypt scheduled stops this year with HAL. According to our TA, they are monitoring the situation and will make a decision at a later date. In the past, Israel has been the alternative. Now sadly with the events taking place in Israel, I have no idea where the ship may be stopping. It is a wait and see at this point.

I hope you get to go, but be prepared for a cancellation. Most cruise lines last year offered extra stops in Greece or Turkey. FYI, we love the Ryndam. And all HAL's smaller ships.

We will be pleasantly surprised if we port in Egypt, however after perusing the various travel warnings from various countries I am doubting.....it is not the key driver for us in this itinerary as it is for others - so for them I am hopeful.

When your stops in egypt were cancelled, what ports did you visit instead? Were you given an option of canceling during that month.? We have a trip to egypt planned on holland america but we don't yet know if we will making that stop or not.... Just wait and see I guess.

We did an overnight in Haifa instead.

Most people were already on the ship but those joining in Dubai were not given a chance to cancel as far as I know.