Concerns@Celebrity-Another Dead End

not2old

After posting about an incident on Summit September 21 2014 cruise, received a request from concerns@celebrity to please email them with info so they could assist. This was done along with a request for them to please call us to discuss it. (On Royal Caribbean a follow up call always responded within 7-10 days by phone.) Have read numerous comments that people never received any response from Celebrity after doing what they were asked to do. Also "Concerns" stated they only collect data, they don't actually HELP solve the problem! Sees like another run around and dead end that seems to be the norm for celebrity cruise lines!

After posting about an incident on Summit September 21 2014 cruise, received a request from concerns@celebrity to please email them with info so they could assist. This was done along with a request for them to please call us to discuss it. (On Royal Caribbean a follow up call always responded within 7-10 days by phone.) Have read numerous comments that people never received any response from Celebrity after doing what they were asked to do. Also "Concerns" stated they only collect data, they don't actually HELP solve the problem! Sees like another run around and dead end that seems to be the norm for celebrity cruise lines!

This has been covered here on this Board previously...

CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep works for Celebrity in their Social Media Dept... Which was set up to monitor a variety of websites (CC is but one)

CELEBRITY CRUISES the CC Member is therefore just a middle man / woman who passes on info to others at Celebrity HQ

By all accounts based on posts here... They do that

If the Depts whom it concerns act on it... Then we hear about here on CC

(Thank you CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep for your help)

If however the Dept whom it concerns DO NOT act on it... Then we hear about that too here on CC (such as a post like yours)

The old rule here applies...

Don't shoot the messenger. Your beef is not with CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep, but truly lies with someone / Dept at HQ who is not responding to your emails. And ya that sucks (probably for CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES too )

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This has been covered here on this Board previously...

CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep works for Celebrity in their Social Media Dept... Which was set up to monitor a variety of websites (CC is but one)

CELEBRITY CRUISES the CC Member is therefore just a middle man / woman who passes on info to others at Celebrity HQ

By all accounts based on posts here... They do that

If the Depts whom it concerns act on it... Then we hear about here on CC

(Thank you CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep for your help)

If however the Dept whom it concerns DO NOT act on it... Then we hear about that too here on CC (such as a post like yours)

The old rule here applies...

Don't shoot the messenger. Your beef is not with CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep, but truly lies with someone / Dept at HQ who is not responding to your emails. And ya that sucks (probably for CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES too )

Cheers!

Thanks for the info but I guess my question is: what reputable company chooses to ignore issues at their whim and just blow people off? Just the courtesy of an email saying "We got your email and will/will not follow up." No matter that they think a person's complaint and or compliment for that matter, is important or not, if a person takes the time to communicate there should be some type of acknowledgement. Just my opinion...

Thanks for the info but I guess my question is: what reputable company chooses to ignore issues at their whim and just blow people off? Just the courtesy of an email saying "We got your email and will/will not follow up." No matter that they think a person's complaint and or compliment for that matter, is important or not, if a person takes the time to communicate there should be some type of acknowledgement. Just my opinion...

Ya I hear you.

But sometimes Depts (people) don't reply when they just don't have the answers...

Certainly would seem to be the case for example for Celebrity's IT Dept which has tons of problems, and topics too many here to count on CC

Not the best Customer Service behavior but does seem to show a bit how Celebrity rolls at times (sort of indicating... It is an internal issue)

Cheers!

If you haven't already, send a note to "contactmichael@celebrity.com which will get to Michael Bayley's office (or someone appointed to handle issues that go the the Celebrity CEO). Detail your problem clearly and mention the people you have contacted who have or have not helped or responded.

I am sure Celebrity Cruises is a staff person doing their job, trying to help, but when the company doesn't respond, it makes celebrity cruises look poorly and it certainly doesn't enhance Celebrity as a customer focused company.

someone at Celebrity really needs to step up to the "passenger" view and be held accountable for (paid based upon) customer response, IT response and so on.

Email sent to this address also-thanks for the info. It's really sad because each day that goes by without any reply just adds to the bitter feelings we have. We will get over this but will not go back on the Summit or M class ships again. I know Celebrity doesn't care, they got their money from us but it will be the last time....

Email sent to this address also-thanks for the info. It's really sad because each day that goes by without any reply just adds to the bitter feelings we have. We will get over this but will not go back on the Summit or M class ships again. I know Celebrity doesn't care, they got their money from us but it will be the last time....

I'm not sure I understand? You won't go back on Summit/M Class and/or Celebrity. What do you want them to do then? Send an auto-generate email that says they received your email and will review it?

I'm not sure I understand? You won't go back on Summit/M Class and/or Celebrity. What do you want them to do then? Send an auto-generate email that says they received your email and will review it?

That would be preferable to just seeming to ignore the note. IMHO, A well run company would log each incoming note and require a response. Doesn't appear that celebrity tracks incoming issues....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be preferable to just seeming to ignore the note. IMHO, A well run company would log each incoming note and require a response. Doesn't appear that celebrity tracks incoming issues....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And now I know why some companies use those. I HATE those auto-generated emails with the passion of a 1000 flames. Now getting on my soap box, but interesting that some people do like those. Can't please everyone, I guess!

If you don't intend to come back to Celebrity, I would just chalk it up to being an overall bad experience. Why cause yourself further aggravation - let it go.

We don't know the specifics of the issue the O.P. would like addressed

I can appreciate they think it important enough to enter into correspondence and understand their disappointment that Celebrity won't respond.

Just speculating here:

-May be a policy or practice Celebrity is firm on, entering a debate with the O.P. would not accomplish anything. Perhaps rather than start a debate, from Celebrity's view point best to leave it alone.

-May be the O.P. has said in their eMails something along the lines of "we'll never sail with your Company again" in which case there really isn't much Celebrity can do.

Some of us are of the opinion a response of some kind is "owed". Others may well be of the position that no response is in itself a response. To me no response would tell me Celebrity are not interested in a dialogue and I'd move forward accordingly.

Edited by WpgCruise

Hi there,

We'll check tomorrow to see what's going on. We are starting to see an increase an emails to this inbox, without really understanding from where. Trying to understand which emails corresponds to what threads isn't the easiest of tasks. Apologies for any inconvenience, but we'll look into the delay.

I'm going to say it is this thread = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113509

Where the OP posted the following (Reply # 26) specific to The Summit:

Not trying to cut in on the thread, but, we just left the Summit and this was our worst cruise ever. The ship was a designated training ship even though Guest Services denied this, The ship was filthy, dining (early) in the MDR was a fiasco as tables were assigned but if someone with more "status" wanted your assigned table you were told to leave the table assigned to you. The smoking area on deck 10 had the dirtiest, broken down furniture and it was never cleaned unless someone called Guest Services and asked numerous times for someone to clean it. There was almost non existant bar service unless you went to the bar to get your drink and brought it back to your chair. The crew put on a good front, but if you took the time to listen, they weren't happy either. The list could go on, but the bottom line is that the M class ships seem to be the "red headed stepchildren" of Celebrity. We love the smaller ships on Royal Caribbean but if you want a great cruise, stick to S class on Celebrity. Just our opinion, hopefully others may have smoother sailings.

Interestingly, many other well known CC Members followed up that post saying they were on the same cruise ... And clearly did not see / feel what the OP did

Although you have to weed thru the replies cause the OP made these comments about The Summit on a thread that was focused on The Millennium (figure he put it there to make his point about the state of the M-Class Ships)

Sometimes in life you encounter issues that are just not solvable to your satisfaction... So you have to let them go

Others have given this advice here to the OP

I am going to guess that someone at Celebrity read such a letter / email and decided that they would do the same as well... Let it go (them go)

It is a draw / stale mate if you ask me

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I think that you need to consider that your complaint may still be under investigation. From my own experience, I know that Celebrity investigate issue thoroughly before responding. Depending on your issue and how easy it is to investigate, you may need to be more patient.

Hi there,

We'll check tomorrow to see what's going on. We are starting to see an increase an emails to this inbox, without really understanding from where. Trying to understand which emails corresponds to what threads isn't the easiest of tasks. Apologies for any inconvenience, but we'll look into the delay.

As someone who appreciates your posts on Cruise Critic, may I suggest that you give a reference number each time you request that someone emails. That way you could not only match up the thread and the email but identify others just "jumping on the band wagon"?

Thank you Sloop-JohnB. :)

but the bottom line is that the M class ships seem to be the "red headed stepchildren" of Celebrity.

OP - Is it fair to single out all M-class ships when you cruised on one M-class ship? We were on two M-Class ships last year and really loved everything about the class. We have the Summit booked for next Fall. ;)

PS - I really detest the "red headed step child comment." :(

Edited by Iamthesea