Celebrity Millennium Family Veranda Cabin

77skidoo

Does anyone have experience with the family verandas on the Millennium? We have a chance to be in one for a cruise in July. It is in the aft of the ship on the Sky deck. We like the large size (270 sq ft) and large balcony area. Our alternative is a Concierge Class Veranda cabin (190 sq ft) on the floor below and much closer to the center of the ship.

The two cabins are about the same price.

Any recommendations?

We had one of the aft corner balcony cabins on our 14-night Trans-Panama Canal cruise, by far, the best cabin we have ever had. Huge balcony, an extra closet, and a sitting area. If I had the opportunity to do it again, I would grab it in a minute.

So what if you have to walk further. Exercise is good for you

Does anyone have experience with the family verandas on the Millennium? We have a chance to be in one for a cruise in July. It is in the aft of the ship on the Sky deck. We like the large size (270 sq ft) and large balcony area. Our alternative is a Concierge Class Veranda cabin (190 sq ft) on the floor below and much closer to the center of the ship.

Any recommendations?

I'd take any FV over a CC everytime but a corner FV is even better than an inside FV. A side CC is nothing special IMHO, an aft CC is better but go for the FV. We've always been able to get the CC breakfast/robes etc when we've been in an FV, just ask your room attendant.

Any recommendations?

Can you tell me how you had the opportunity to book wone skidoo? I will be on Millie in Aug for my wedding/honeymoon, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE get get an FV. Never see them available online / TA says she can't get me one until "hopefully 60 days before sailing, if any are available". So any tips on how you found one to be available would be appreciated... unless, you know, it was just luck and one showed up as available when you checked :-)

DH and I have stayed in a corner aft FV room on the Mille twice, and as other said, it is the best cabin we have ever been in -- like it better than CC or even a suite. The corner aft FV have a HUGE balcony, and two separate rooms. We had our cruise critic group over twice when we were in that cabin - about 20-25 people came, some inside some out, and all had a great time.

GO FOR IT!!!

Can you tell me how you had the opportunity to book wone skidoo? I will be on Millie in Aug for my wedding/honeymoon, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE get get an FV. Never see them available online / TA says she can't get me one until "hopefully 60 days before sailing, if any are available". So any tips on how you found one to be available would be appreciated... unless, you know, it was just luck and one showed up as available when you checked :-)

Just luck - keep checking!

There seem to be several FV cabins for sailings in July.

I just noticed that, thanks for pointing it out! They seem to have FV open all the way up until the departure before mine, then none for Aug. Maybe haven't gotten to a release date yet or something.

Question for anyone who might know:

If I book an FV with 2 pax (here I go, assuming I'm lucky enough to get one!), can they kick me out if a family of 4 needs in later? I can't imagine why... but I've heard things like people being moved from an accessible cabin when it became needed by another pasesenger, which is totally justifiable... so i guess my question is, to celebrity, is kicking 2 people out of an FV in favor of putting in 3 or 4 "justifiable"?

Thanks as usual to you wonderfully knowledgeable people!

Hi,

I have an AFT FV corner room, 8166, on an upcoming Constellation cruise, with just my DH and I and we were told to make sure the TA or Celebrity directly notes on your room account that you do not want an upgrade to another room. This seems to preclude their moving you (perhaps to a CC room) if a larger family wants it. I think, if they allow you to rent the room with 2, they have given up the right to automatically move you for their convenience, as long as you tell them you don't want to move. It probably also doesn't hurt to have the room paid for.

Others will no doubt chime in if I am wrong ... but I think that's how it works. It was how it was explained to me and it is what we immediately did when we locked in the room.

fern

Hi,

I have an AFT FV corner room, 8166, on an upcoming Constellation cruise, with just my DH and I and we were told to make sure the TA or Celebrity directly notes on your room account that you do not want an upgrade to another room. This seems to preclude their moving you (perhaps to a CC room) if a larger family wants it. I think, if they allow you to rent the room with 2, they have given up the right to automatically move you for their convenience, as long as you tell them you don't want to move. It probably also doesn't hurt to have the room paid for.

Others will no doubt chime in if I am wrong ... but I think that's how it works. It was how it was explained to me and it is what we immediately did when we locked in the room.

fern

IF a family of 5 needs it, due to 3 under age children,:eek: and all the other FV's have more then 2 people in them, then guess what? Most important is that not only no upgrade, but, "call before making any changes" note be put on your reservations. At least that way, you wont be surprised.

Celebrity giving up any rights? If you have some good readers and some down time, read the cruise contract...your sure to see they have every right and then some...:o

I have my second one booked with only 2 people and I am not worried though:D

• 1 month later...

I'm curious how you could be kicked out of a FV room. FV is the costliest in the class. They can't downgrade you to a less costly room, can they? And their not going to upgrade you to a suite at double the price.

In theory there is still CC in the class which would be an "upgrade" but not a suite. I agree, FV is more expensive, but I beleive Celebrity technically considers CC an upgrade in class.

On the other hand, I currently suspect that if they are releasing FV's they are building in price to cover the extra FV people. For example I saw someone post that their FV was basically soemthing similar to 1050/pp plus $180 per extra in the room. I just booked 1206pp for what is (in every class showing online) a cheaper cruise to the same area (Alaska but later in the season). So I'm guessing (hoping) they build in cost protection to effectively have 2 people FV's eat the cost of extra people, which I'm hoping means they won't try to kick me out since hte room was released and will just show as booked. Here's hoping!

We will be in our first aft cabin on the Millenium - a FV right on the corner on the Sky deck. We have heard, read and seen some wonderful pictures of our cabin that we just had to change from our CC cabin in mid-ship. Our itinerary is the Hawaiian Islands then on to Vancouver....can't wait!!!

In theory there is still CC in the class which would be an "upgrade" but not a suite. I agree, FV is more expensive, but I beleive Celebrity technically considers CC an upgrade in class.

On the other hand, I currently suspect that if they are releasing FV's they are building in price to cover the extra FV people. For example I saw someone post that their FV was basically soemthing similar to 1050/pp plus $180 per extra in the room. I just booked 1206pp for what is (in every class showing online) a cheaper cruise to the same area (Alaska but later in the season). So I'm guessing (hoping) they build in cost protection to effectively have 2 people FV's eat the cost of extra people, which I'm hoping means they won't try to kick me out since hte room was released and will just show as booked. Here's hoping!

As of right now, the only up-grade from an FV is into a suite. An FV is a category above the CC. IF you book an FV guarantee, they would have to move you to a suite. If you book an FV assigned cabin, then they could move you anywhere, if a family needed the cabin, with a price adjustment of course.

Edited by ccletzgo

As of right now, the only up-grade from an FV is into a suite. An FV is a category above the CC. IF you book an FV guarantee, they would have to move you to a suite. If you book an FV assigned cabin, then they could move you anywhere, if a family needed the cabin, with a price adjustment of course.

Thanks for the info! I'm misinformed! But... ugggh, that's rough. Here's crossing all my fingers and toes that doesn't happen. I gave up an Aft CC for the FV8181 for my wedding/honeymoon - I am totally paranoid and praying that they don't decide to kick me out, since then I could end up in whatever junk cabin they happen to have around instead of even the aft CC! Had TA put "do not change" on my reservation.... may be on pins and needles till August...

So, looking for opinions if anyone has a thought... if in theory Celebrity WERE to kick me (2 ppl) of of an FV to make way for someone with more bodies to put in the cabin, can they do that any time right up to sailing or would that really only happen up to final payment? I ask b/c I'm tempted to put a deposit on a different CC cabin (the aft I gave up for the FV) just to 'hold' it so I have something to switch back to if I get booted, and then releatse it just prior to final payment. Is this completely ridiculous and unecessary (and useless)?

Edited by quiescentlyfrozen

Did you book assigned? or Guarantee? One name can not be on two cabins. So if you were to hold the CC, you would have to do it in someone Else's name.

I have booked two FV guarantee's for 2 with no problem. Had 7202 on the Connie last year and am looking forward to the second one in 2 weeks

Don't loose sleep over the thought of loosing it. Loose sleep from the excitement of getting the it... :D

Edited by ccletzgo

• 3 years later...
Was wondering if anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins felt it was a bit rough at the back end of the ship or was smooth sailing??:rolleyes:
Smooth sailing we had this great cabin last Sept. for the Panaama Canal cruise,15 days. It was such fun,great cabin,no problems of any kind.Loved the huge balcony and watching the wake,not rough at all.We had high seas at Cobo and the tenders had trouble but it wasn't rough on the balcony.When it was extremly hot I could read in the sitting area and still see the water.We scored this cabin when it opened up for 2 people to book. :D

Just want to point out that this is a very old thread that was bumped up. I don't recall what the situation was in 2009 - but today, the FV category is below CC and AQ.

So if you book a FV Guarantee, you are not "guaranteed" an FV or a Suite. You could be assigned CC or AQ.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Just want to point out that this is a very old thread that was bumped up. I don't recall what the situation was in 2009 - but today, the FV category is below CC and AQ.

So if you book a FV Guarantee, you are not "guaranteed" an FV or a Suite. You could be assigned CC or AQ.

Mike

I have this on an email from the official travel agent this week "Unfortunately the Family Verandah cabins can only be booked for a minimum of 5-6 people."

If there's a way of getting one for just 2 people I'd love to know how!

I have this on an email from the official travel agent this week "Unfortunately the Family Verandah cabins can only be booked for a minimum of 5-6 people."

I just returned from 17 days in a FV on the Millennium. We booked it with only 2 people about 3 months before the sailing. The room is hugh, actually two rooms, but we could hear the man in the next room snoring at night and his wife talking all day. I have traveled on many Celebrity ships and never heard this before. We had friends in another FV and they heard kids screaming all the time. I will never book one again.

I just returned from 17 days in a FV on the Millennium. We booked it with only 2 people about 3 months before the sailing. The room is hugh, actually two rooms, but we could hear the man in the next room snoring at night and his wife talking all day. I have traveled on many Celebrity ships and never heard this before. We had friends in another FV and they heard kids screaming all the time. I will never book one again.

Funny that you wrote this....on our Ensenada to Hawaii cruise on the Millennium this past Oct...our best friends had a corner FV.,..and yes...it was huge, and yes...the balcony also wonderful and huge. But, they had trouble sleeping every night, due to the snoring of the man in the next cabin !! They even had the SR Steward make up the bed in the opposite direction...(head at foot of bed) in hopes of getting a better nights sleep....still didn't work !! Like you...we(they) have never had this noise problem before in any other cabins...could it be something unique/flawed in the layout of the Corner FV's in relation to the next-door cabin??

Fortunately...I was still able to enjoy their balcony during daylight/waking hours !! :D

Woody

Edited by rwr235

There is a way to get one for only 2 people as we did it on the Millennium earlier this year. Keep looking at availability as the final payment date approaches. If the cabins haven't been booked they release them for anyone to book - i.e. for 2 people. We had originally booked a C1 aft but we pounced on the corner FV when it became available. It was such a fantastic cabin with a separate seating area, loads of storage space and an unbelievably big balcony - perfect for sailing through the Panama Canal. (Picture attached), We're sailing on the Millie again next year and will be keeping an eagle eye open at final payment date as we'd choose the corner FV again any time, though not the inner FV. It's the huge balcony and views over the aft and up the side of the ship which made it such a great cabin.

We had no problem with noise from the next door cabin - the only problem I found with snoring was my husband next to me ;) :D

compressed.jpg.d23c0102465c7dbf5e558e9e63c7f7df.jpg

Edited by Bobal