Dunns River Falls or Blue Hole?

hrjones1964

I've read good things about both of these and trying to decide which one is best. Any advice?

While I don't have any more cruises with Jamaica on my schedule, I'm glad you asked. My last time there I wanted to go to the Blue Hole, I but I opted not to because of my 2014 back surgery. After seeing more reviews I think I am ready for it. I'll shut up now and see what others have to say.

I've read good things about both of these and trying to decide which one is best. Any advice?

Easy answer: Both

Unless you are arriving in Montego Bay or have very short port hours you can easily do both in a day.

They are different but similar experiences. Blue Hole is a lot of fun and would be my personal favorite but I enjoyed DRF too. I did both in the same day. (DRF first and then straight to the Blue Hole)

Easy answer: Both

Unless you are arriving in Montego Bay or have very short port hours you can easily do both in a day.

They are different but similar experiences. Blue Hole is a lot of fun and would be my personal favorite but I enjoyed DRF too. I did both in the same day. (DRF first and then straight to the Blue Hole)

Did you do a private tour? We are arriving in Falmouth so not sure if there is enough time to do both

Did you do a private tour? We are arriving in Falmouth so not sure if there is enough time to do both

Yes, I did a private tour. (from Falmouth)

I used http://www.knowjamaica.com/ but there are several other tour companies that get mentioned/reviewed here on a regular basis.

Here are some links to some videos I posted on YouTube:

Whole day:

Just Blue Hole:

Just an FYI, it's about a 45 minute ride back to the port (Falmouth)from Dunns River Falls. I did it 3 weeks ago on Oasis. I did the zipline/Dunns excursion through the ship. I had a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just visited the Blue Hole last Thursday and I have to say the place is beautiful. The terrain can be a little rough for some but not any more so than Dunn's River Falls. The jumps are fun. Never slippery like I thought it may be but some moderate climbing. The guides were very helpful and they will take professional grade pics and offer you a photo cd at the end of all your pictures. We paid $50 for probably 100 pics

We are arriving in Montego Bay and have 9 hours in port. Is that enough time to do both? This is our first time in Jamaica and we can't decide what to do.

Definitely possible but you'll want to be diligent about your timeline and don't dilly daddle anywhere. :)

We are arriving in Montego Bay and have 9 hours in port. Is that enough time to do both? This is our first time in Jamaica and we can't decide what to do.

And be prepared for a pretty long ride each way. (1.5-2 hrs). If you like long van/bus rides it will be OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe Ocho Rios is closer to these places, than Falmouth. We just did the Blue Hole (used Peat Taylor Tours) and had such an awesome time. My poor husband has frozen shoulder right now, so he could not do everything....we ALL agreed that we would not mind a repeat next year! Btw- I have lots of video clips from the Blue Hole in my cruise video. :)

Edited by BLAMBKY

• 8 months later...
Is there a tour group that does both Blue Hole and Dunns River Falls from Ocho Rios?

knowjamaicatours.com as mentioned above. Just did this last week and it was wonderful! There were only three of us with Javia Shaw but it was a very busy day in Jamaica with 8 ships in port.

We went the DRF and climbed it independently, no need to bother to wait for a guide to do the "human-chain" thing.

We then went to the Blue Hole where Jason was our guide. My timid 11 year-old did every jump largely I believe because the guide was so positive and fun. He carried my glasses, and took tons of photos and videos with my camera. Couldn't be happier with how it went.

Javia then took us to the Ocho Rios Jerk Centre and bought us some jerk chicken with festivals (yum!) and a pop. I hadn't even realized lunch was included in the price!

We then went to the beach at Bamboo Blu club for about an hour where the water was beautiful, clear and calm.

We got back to the ship well before all aboard. Probably the best excursion of our cruise. Highly recommend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
knowjamaicatours.com as mentioned above. Just did this last week and it was wonderful! There were only three of us with Javia Shaw but it was a very busy day in Jamaica with 8 ships in port.

We went the DRF and climbed it independently, no need to bother to wait for a guide to do the "human-chain" thing.

We then went to the Blue Hole where Jason was our guide. My timid 11 year-old did every jump largely I believe because the guide was so positive and fun. He carried my glasses, and took tons of photos and videos with my camera. Couldn't be happier with how it went.

Javia then took us to the Ocho Rios Jerk Centre and bought us some jerk chicken with festivals (yum!) and a pop. I hadn't even realized lunch was included in the price!

We then went to the beach at Bamboo Blu club for about an hour where the water was beautiful, clear and calm.

We got back to the ship well before all aboard. Probably the best excursion of our cruise. Highly recommend!

Can you tell me how much this was?