P&O Past guests now recognized by

fishtaco

Oh cool :). I can't wait to cruise on Carnival Australia and try out the Green Thunder.

Did it mention what levels there are and what you get for each status level? Do Carnival USA cruises count?

i just did a dummy booking and no discount.....same as p&o maybe, sometimes you get a discount and sometimes you dont

I just the same with P&O and carnival 9 nights from sydney in a suite $1400 cheeper with carnival. plus $200 obc with carnival

Carnival's local web site doesn't have space to enter a number though. Unless it's something they're going to change in the near future.

Guess it depends what is meant by "recognised". Didn't get any letter either.

Carnival's local web site doesn't have space to enter a number though. Unless it's something they're going to change in the near future.

Yeah, there's a space to enter your URN. I just did a dummy booking... :)

I didn't get any letters either... :(

Like Debsta, my P&O Australia cruises have always counted towards Princess loyalty points / status.

As for Carnival Spirit ... not that interested at this time. I went to a presentation a couple of weeks ago and while the restaurants etc may be fine, I think there'll be too many kids on board for my liking so at this stage I'm planning to steer clear of it.

Just click on "Have Promo Code" on first page of booking process & then you can enter your URN/Promo code.

I did dummy booking but didn't make any difference to price.:(

If Carnival Cruises can now be counted it gives more fuel to the rumour that P&O Australia , as we know it , will fade into oblivion and be replaced by Carnival Australia.

I doubt it, you could say the same thing when Princess first started sailing down here regularly. I highly doubt they will remove P&O as they have a reputation in Australia and most people don't even know what Carnival is if you asked them, they think you mean a local carnival.

I doubt it, you could say the same thing when Princess first started sailing down here regularly. I highly doubt they will remove P&O as they have a reputation in Australia and most people don't even know what Carnival is if you asked them, they think you mean a local carnival.
would that be a good reputation or a bad reputation ? in light of all the things that has happened over the years.

would that be a good reputation or a bad reputation ? in light of all the things that has happened over the years.

Well a decent one. Some people are dumb enough to believe everything the news reports. Those who don't believe everything the news says will know about the line with a decent attitude. Where as most people don't know about any of the US lines.

Also many of the things that have happened to P&O has happened a lot more in the US cruise lines its only that they aren't the only ones sailing in the area (at the time of the accident). I could see the news reporting on Carnival a lot when they start sailing due to the party atmosphere they attract which leads to many issues that are seen at pubs.

Just click on "Have Promo Code" on first page of booking process & then you can enter your URN/Promo code.

I did dummy booking but didn't make any difference to price.:(

Thanks for that - I thought it was just for promo codes (not that I've ever had one of those) so hadn't clicked on it. Aside from that, the formatting wasn't right in my browser so it didn't display properly.

Hi l just read your post

We are going on our 9th cruise in September this year on the Carnival Spirit's Hawaii to Australia cruise.

We have cruised with P & O Australia, Princess, Royal Carribean and Star cruises.

Carnival America currently own the Carnival Spirit, we are not eligible for any past passenger discounts while we are cruising on the Spirit until it is owned and operated by Carnival Australia.

Weed1327

Are we conversing about two different aspects here:

Whether Carnival days will be counted towards the loyalty club for P&O and Princess

Whether being a past cruiser for both P&O and Princess will get your beneficial prices for Carnival?

My princess points have included both P&O UK and P&O Australia and I am elite now would this amount of days be credited to Carnival after I had one cruise with this line?

If Carnival US ships don't count towards Princess, but Carnival Australia do, does that mean that Princess counts towards Carnival Australia and if so, would Carnival US even count cruises on Carnival Australia.

Now we are getting really complicated!!:)

I tried entering my US Carnival past passenger number and it does not recognize it on Carnival Aust web site. Thought I'd check more into it when they actually start sailing from here. I still think that Princess has the best past passenger benefits.

• 2 months later...

Archived