Koningsdam VS Princess ships

dockhl

I am a Princess cruiser who is going on the new HAL Koningsdam in October. I have read reviews but would love to hear the take on it from people who are used to sailing on Princess ships. I've never sailed anything BUT Princess so I am eager to hear about the differences.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Kathy

About to sail on Kdam in March, but have sailed on 8 other HAL cruises, and 5 Princess cruises.

In our opinion, HAL is classier, more traditional and overly better line. Food better on HAL. Entertainment has been better on Princess, but HAL has made some are strides, and the difference is much smaller.

Just our opinion. But it is from a Cal Poly grad.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We are elite on Princess, 2 star on HAL... I see the lines as very similar.

We usually order off menu on both lines. On our last cruise on Princess we eat at the Crown Grill.. which really meats our tastes. Will do so again.

Entertainment about the same for us on both.

I think the new HAL ship is similar to the design of the Royal, Regal and Celebrity ships.

We always book a mini suite, the new ship on HAL does not have a bath tub, only suites do on that ship. No main deck either... not my favorite design.

I am going to try the Royal in 2017... but with out a bath tub in the mini I will skip the new HAL ship.

CruiserBruce~ thanks for the input. That is exactly the type of info I am looking for....and if it comes from CalPoly grad, it must be true!

pris993~ we've been on Royal and Regal several times, love them both. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I like the bathroom on Koningsdam. The shower is bigger.

In terms of entertainment shows, I say the two are more or less the same. But I like Koningsdam's Frozen Planet show. The dancers and singers are younger and slim too.

In terms of dancing activities, Princess has better bands for dancing.

My friends just came back from K-dam and told me this joke she heard while she was at the customer service desk:

A lady asked one of the staff at the customer service desk on deck 3, "I have been on this ship for 3 days already and I still can't find the atrium. Can you please tell me where the atrium is?" The staff told her, "this is the atrium." The lady said, "what! This is the atrium!"

I am sure that that lady is used to Princess atrium. K-dam doesn't have 3-story type atrium.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CruiseLady88