Cruise Port to Quincy Market?

kqcallahan

So I have finally decided if it's not a horrible day out we might head to Quincy Market for our turn around day in Boston. So the question is how do we get there on a Saturday (or any day). It seems like a fair distance on google maps haha. :)

The easiest way to get there is to take a cab. On a Sunday I paid $13.60 to go from Black Falcon all the way to the Constitution in Charlestown, so the fare should be less to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. One way to keep the fare down is to have the cab drop you at Atlantic Ave near the Aquarium "T" Station and walk into the market area from the east side.

Thanks for the reply Carol. After you mentioned that I re-looked on Google maps. Turns out when I did the map I had it on walking, and it said 40 minutes. And I was like "omg 40 minutes in car, i can't afford that taxi". :rolleyes: Yeah simple mistake but without your reply I wouldn't have noticed :)

If it's a nice day you can take a water taxi from Black Falcon to the Aquarium or Long Wharf stops. Then it is just a couple of blocks. If the weather isn't great I'd just go with the cab.

If it's a nice day it's a great walk. Just head out of the terminal and follow the water (keeping it on your right) follow until you make it to the Rose Kennedy Greenway and go right. It will take to to Quincy Market. The Geenway is lovely and on a Saturday it hosts SOWA (great craft fair).

Take the MTA. Google them and look @ the map. Easy peesie.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Uhh, the MTA is in NYC. The "T" has not been knows as the MTA in quite some time. Better off looking up the MBTA.

Uhh, the MTA is in NYC. The "T" has not been knows as the MTA in quite some time. Better off looking up the MBTA.

You're correct. I still think of it as that thanks to the Kingston Trio!

If it's a nice day you can take a water taxi from Black Falcon to the Aquarium or Long Wharf stops. Then it is just a couple of blocks. If the weather isn't great I'd just go with the cab.

Take the MTA. Google them and look @ the map. Easy peesie.

I agree with these three suggestions. Taxi, water taxi or the "T" which is what we call the MBTA (Mass Bay Transit Authority).

If you are a great walker, it isn't unreasonable to think of walking but most people would consider it a bit too far. IMO

:) Correct.

With reference to the song, we call the transit pass people buy a "Charlie Card". :D

"Will Charlie ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston?

Will he ever return............? :) "

I haven't thought of that song in ages.

If anyone is interested and has no idea what we are speaking about, here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1bvY7IqZY

Edited by sail7seas

My mom was a big Kingston Trio fan. So, unlike most people my age, I'm familiar with their music.

When it was announced that the new automatic fare system was going to be called the "Charlie" system, I had a good chuckle. Then the realization that most people don't know the reference hit.....

I've got several albums and now cd's and was actually a little "young" for them! Them and Peter Paul and Mary are the reason I taught myself guitar in the late '60's as 7th grader for a school project! My Daddy always bemoaned the fact he spent a small fortune on piano lessons and the only $ I ever made was playing instruments I taught myself to play!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app