Lunch at El Yunque or on Way Back to Port?

NayaSantaFe

We will be spending the morning at El Yunque before boarding our cruise at the Pan American port. Boarding starts at 3:30pm, so we plan on returning the car by 3pm at the latest and head to the port.

My questions is, are there any places to have lunch at El Yunque or on our way back into San Juan? Since we will have an early breakfast I really don't think we can wait until 3pm to have lunch. So, I would prefer to have lunch before returning the car. Also, if it helps we will be returning the car at Charlie's Car Rentals in Condado.

Any suggestions?

There are many restaurants along the highway back to the San Juan area. Most are very casual, affordable options. Near Luquillo there are food stands that are very popular, but not sure if they're open for lunch. I would not go to Pollo Tropical, but any other place should be good.

We will be spending the morning at El Yunque before boarding our cruise at the Pan American port. Boarding starts at 3:30pm, so we plan on returning the car by 3pm at the latest and head to the port.

My questions is, are there any places to have lunch at El Yunque or on our way back into San Juan? Since we will have an early breakfast I really don't think we can wait until 3pm to have lunch. So, I would prefer to have lunch before returning the car. Also, if it helps we will be returning the car at Charlie's Car Rentals in Condado.

Any suggestions?

Dine on your to SJ at Marmalade

I think I read that Marmalade is only open for dinner

Marmalade opens at 5pm, so we will be eating there on our way back from the cruise before flying home.

I was reading about El Verde BBQ. Looks like it's on the way and has good reviews on TA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the way back from El Yunque, next to Luquilo, is a row of kiosks ("Kiosko") that are world famous. There are 60 in a row, and all numbered - ranging from (#1) expensive/high end (overpriced, in my view) to (#60) "street food". You can walk from one to the other in about 15 minutes and scope the offerings. The food is fantastic, authentic and (except at the top end) very reasonably priced. It really is an experience and worth a stop.

A few places have sit down/waiter service. Others are counter service. The few we tried (both sit down and counter) were all equally delicious.

Enjoy!

On our way back from El Yunque

We had our guide take us to where the locals eat!

We just did the same thing a week ago - our tour guide gave us the option and we elected to stop on the way to town and had a great meal for a lot less than what we would have paid in town!

Marmalade opens at 5pm, so we will be eating there on our way back from the cruise before flying home.

I was reading about El Verde BBQ. Looks like it's on the way and has good reviews on TA.

That's where we ate a week ago. We had ribs, chicken, rice, and a few other things (that everyone but me ate - so I'm not sure what they were) and the cost was about $12 a couple. It was very tasty.