Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise in Fort Lauderdale

LuCruise

Sorry...have a few posts on here as researching hotels in Fort Lauderdale. :cool:

I've seem many recommendations for Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place on 17th street, but these are a bit over our budget. So looking at other hotels in the area.

We think we are going to book the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise hotel. It's downtown and near 18th street, which looks like walking distance from the Harbor Shops at 17th street (looking at goggle maps).

Anyone stayed at Comfort Suites? Is it a good area? We would arrive around noon the day before our cruise.

Would love to hear feedback.

Edited by LuCruise

I have not stayed there, but I do like the Comfort Suites chain. I have driven past it on my way to other hotels on 17th st. It really is not far from Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites, and is certainly walkable to the Harbor shops. I would guess 10mins brisk walk? or 15 mins strolling (I am a slow walker:D). There is a CVS store just around the corner. The street it is on is very busy, but so is 17th st. I would definitely stay there in the future if it were for a good rate.

I have not stayed there, but I do like the Comfort Suites chain. I have driven past it on my way to other hotels on 17th st. It really is not far from Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites, and is certainly walkable to the Harbor shops. I would guess 10mins brisk walk? or 15 mins strolling (I am a slow walker:D). There is a CVS store just around the corner. The street it is on is very busy, but so is 17th st. I would definitely stay there in the future if it were for a good rate.

Thanks for the feedback. That is one thing I couldn't tell...if you could actually walk to Harbor Shops due to the roads, but sounds like you can. I even see a fun playland in the area if our kids get bored of shopping. ;)

Yeah...cost is in $200s CAD for it whereas cost for Embassy and Hyatt is mid/upper $300s CAD.

We stayed there last September and it was nice. It has a free shuttle from the airport and back. Rooms were clean and modern, hotel staff is very friendly. It is only 3 short blocks to the Harbor shops and 1/2 a block from 17th street. We would stay there again if needed. They have a shuttle to the port for 8 dollars each way, and it is not crazy busy like some of the bigger hotels are like Embassy.

We stayed there last September and it was nice. It has a free shuttle from the airport and back. Rooms were clean and modern, hotel staff is very friendly. It is only 3 short blocks to the Harbor shops and 1/2 a block from 17th street. We would stay there again if needed. They have a shuttle to the port for 8 dollars each way, and it is not crazy busy like some of the bigger hotels are like Embassy.

Thanks for the feedback. We would take the airport shuttle, but may just take a cab to the port (i.e. so we can go when we'd like, which is probably earlier than it leaves).

Great to hear that Harbor Shops is walkable and not too far.

Did you happen to have a room with a sofa bed? Not sure whether to get that type of room and our two kids would use the sofa bed (our cruise stateroom has a sofa bed too) or one with 2 queens.

Edited by LuCruise

Theres a number of good restaurants that are walkable from that area including the Quarterdeck, Bravo and one of my favorites, Southport Raw Bar.

Thank you. This is very helpful.

• 1 month later...

We've stayed at this hotel a few times before. The room we had was suite-style meaning that it had a half wall with separate living area and sleeper sofa on other side of wall. Its pretty close to the Hyatt Place too. We stayed at the Hyatt pre-cruise and left a pair of my son's swimtrunks on the back of the bathroom door. We stayed at the Comfort Suites post cruise and my dh was able to walk back to the Hyatt to get the swim trunks. Very nice hotel IMO.

• 5 weeks later...

We booked this hotel for October as well. Is there a trolley stop within walking distance from the hotel or the CVS pharmacy? Hoping to get to a beach or broad walk. Our flight gets in at noon, so will have the afternoon and evening before our cruise out of Miami the next day. Thank you for ideas on spending our time in FLL

Hi there....we stayed here and thought it was a great hotel in a great location. It's a very short walk to the trolley stop and as others have said, the Harbor Shops are very walkable. The CVS right next door is handy too! They have a little pool that met our needs and the free breakfast was also great IMO....in a few hours after that you're on the ship with all the food you can imagine anyways! :) I would definitely stay here again.

Hi there....we stayed here and thought it was a great hotel in a great location. It's a very short walk to the trolley stop and as others have said, the Harbor Shops are very walkable. The CVS right next door is handy too! They have a little pool that met our needs and the free breakfast was also great IMO....in a few hours after that you're on the ship with all the food you can imagine anyways! :) I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for the great info! What is the route to the Harbor Shops to catch the trolley to the beach? Are they straight down 17th Street?

Thanks for the great info! What is the route to the Harbor Shops to catch the trolley to the beach? Are they straight down 17th Street?

The trolley is only a 2 min walk north of the hotel (At the intersection of the South Federal Highway and A1A). When we walked to the Harbor Shops, we just walked along the A1A and it took is about 10min. There are side streets you can take too. Check out Google map....or ask at the hotel, they were more than happy to help us with directions. :)