Alberts Motu Picnic...Moorea

hillslife

Albert's Motu Picnic, Moorea - Do Not Use Them

Caution for those of you arriving in Moorea on a cruise ship. We are currently on the Crown Princess....our port call was very delayed by late arrival, customs VERY slow clearance of the ship, even though he ship had collected all passports a week prior to our French Polynesian arrival. All passengers, including Elites, were required to get tender tickets and wait in a lounge til our number was called. This was a first for us, as Elite,

Ship was cleared approx 10am...we are Elite and did not actually arrive in Moorea until 1130a. Due to the very disorganized tendering and the ships priority to get their tours off first, we were unable to hook up with our prearranged tour to the Lagoonarium.

So 6 of us arrived on the dock with no tour. There were several tour companies there, we all checked them out and felt we had the best deal with Alberts Motu Picnic....he showed us pictures, his boat was there and ready to go, it included swimming with the rays and shark, snorkeling on a private motu and, because he was trying to fill his boat, he said it was usually $50, including lunch, but he would give it the 6 of us for $40/pp. Sounded great, we all agreed, paid and boarded the boat .

All went well until we were ready to eat...no lunch included and they wanted an additional $10/pp to eat while we were on the isolated motu . We argued, called, explained, showed our receipt .....they refused to honor our deal. We all heard the offer, including lunch, and that is one of the reasons we went with them. They flat out lied to us...we told him we were gonna pass this along to future CC travelers, but then they decided they could only speak French! They had no problem with English and taking our money when we booked.....

Another couple heard the six of us complaining, said they only paid $30/pp and were promised lunch...all declined. They gave us water, watered down fruit juice and some pineapple......

We highly recommend NOT using Albert's Motu Picnic in Moorea.....all of us are experienced cruisers and CC members and don't appreciate being lied to!!! FYI

I am surprised as Albert is a reputable Moorea operator. I know people who have used him for car rentals, Motu picnic tours etc.

the all day picnic is about $100 including lunch, usually.

Edited by Emdee

I too am surprised, Albert was very professional with us. There is always the chance that, with a growing demand for tours, they may hire less competent people & subcontract out to others to fill in. We had Louis as our guide for the day & he was great. I wouldn't be too quick to totally rule out this company. I also understand hillslife's disappointment :(

Wow, this is quite disturbing! We have Albert's Lagoon Tour booked on January 25, 2015. We are staying in Tahiti for a few days till we board the Ocean Princess on the 27th.

Here is the website, and it lists the price we are paying which is a lot more than $40 a person. More like $82 a person. http://www.albert-transport.net/excursion_nautique_us.php?nx=NAU

We are taking a ferry over to meet them in Moorea, so I am just hoping this was a different deal than what we have booked. This is to be a 6 hour tour.

Hillslife, was your tour to be 6 hours?

Can anyone report on their recent Albert's Lagoon tour?