Royal Caribbean Daily Service Charges

You missed the point! I resent tipping anyone upfront for services I have not received. Paying this ahead for what may or may not be clean cabins and polite and efficient dining experiences amounts to $32 a day, so I question why the guest does not have the option of deciding who gets what.

No, I don't get your point. Since you can exercise that option any time you like by going to guest services and removing your auto tips, what is your point?

You missed the point! I resent tipping anyone upfront for services I have not received. Paying this ahead for what may or may not be clean cabins and polite and efficient dining experiences amounts to $32 a day, so I question why the guest does not have the option of deciding who gets what.

With the Auto Tipping, service charge, you are not paying up front, they are added daily for the services you have received or been offered.

Please give me a break and your whining again about less than a dollar, please enough, your breaking my heart!........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

With the Auto Tipping, service charge, you are not paying up front, they are added daily for the services you have received or been offered.

Plus your credit card isn't charged with the auto tip until the last evening, so you have received service before you are charged.

I have a suite booked in July. I thought about calling RCI to prepay my gratuities at the old rate. After about 5 seconds I decided I'd rather just pay the new rate. These people work hard and deserve a raise every once in awhile. It's going to cost us an additional $23.80 for the week. I can live with that.