marylou90

Good morning,

I'm cruising on the navigator next week and had a question regarding status. I'm a diamond member and will have access to the diamond lounge/events. My husband only has gold status as I started cruising well before him with my parents. Anyone know if he would be able to join me in the diamond lounge?

Also, we are taking our children for the 1st time. From my research, my girls will "inherit" our status upon the completion of this cruise. Do you know if they would automatically become diamond like me or if they would become gold like their dad?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning,

I'm cruising on the navigator next week and had a question regarding status. I'm a diamond member and will have access to the diamond lounge/events. My husband only has gold status as I started cruising well before him with my parents. Anyone know if he would be able to join me in the diamond lounge?

Also, we are taking our children for the 1st time. From my research, my girls will "inherit" our status upon the completion of this cruise. Do you know if they would automatically become diamond like me or if they would become gold like their dad?

Thanks!

Your husband should get the same status as you. Give C&A a call. He will not get your points but will share your status. Same for your daughters but may be after their first cruise.

Sherri:)

Yep, call C&A and link them all together. Since your husband already has C&A status he becomes instant diamond and should be able to use the lounge with you. In addition he gets his own set of diamond benefits (internet discount, free photo from gallery, etc.)

When your kids turn 18 years old, they will revert to their own actual achieved levels.

Not exactly. They will retain the status they have, but will revert to the actual points they have. So, they could be "Diamond" but only have 53 points. Will just take them longer than usual to get to the next level of D+.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am diamond and will be traveling with my son who is Platinum(will be emerald after this cruise) we live together but he is 27 does he get my status?

Officially the answer is no as the age cut off is 18 for children. Having said that they may make a mistake especially if you are in the same cabin and have the same last name.

Rccl still has me linked to my parents (we don't share the same last name) since I initially cruised with them. When I called, they just added my husband so we are all linked now (we are in our mid 30's). I would think if you have cruised with him the past, you won't have an issue sharing your status.

Your daughters will share your status and become diamond after their first cruise. There are no additional on board benefits for the kids regardless of their level, they all get the same kids coupons after their first cruise.

I was on Indy this past October with my parents who I still live with.We were in the same cabin a junior suite.They are diamond and I'm only gold.I was not able to share their diamond status.They would not let me in the diamond lounge so I would sit in the Olive & Twist.I had my own soda package as I don't drink.They would only be in there for maybe half an hour to an hour before going to dinner.We saw loads of people taking food and drinks out to other people who were not allowed in the lounge.We were told under no circumstances they could not take food and drink out.Most evenings the lounge was half empty and me being in there would not have been a problem.

Not exactly. They will retain the status they have, but will revert to the actual points they have. So, they could be "Diamond" but only have 53 points. Will just take them longer than usual to get to the next level of D+.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, thank you, I forgot that.

As my DD's turned D+ on their 19th birthday cruise. :D:D:D