Sicily - GodFather Tour Recommendations Needed

NewCruiserMPC

Hello -

We will be in Sicily in June. A friend told me about a Godfather Tour she did in Sicily. Would like to book this tour for DH and I.

Has anyone done this tour and with who? Friend didnt remember who she booked with.

Also, how long is the tour? We will be docked there for 7 hours only. Want to make sure we have enough time.

Hello -

We will be in Sicily in June. A friend told me about a Godfather Tour she did in Sicily. Would like to book this tour for DH and I.

Has anyone done this tour and with who? Friend didnt remember who she booked with.

Also, how long is the tour? We will be docked there for 7 hours only. Want to make sure we have enough time.

“A man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous!”

Hi, we did this excursion June 2013, but it was a ship included excursion. It was about 4 and a half hours long. It was really good. The scenery on the drive up is stunning,lots of twists and turns terraced gardens, villas and wine and olive groves.

We visited the church from the movie and Bar Vitelli. Well worth the visit and we really enjoyed it.

You should have plenty time.We were a tender port which adds a bit of time onto the trip. As I say it was arranged from the ship, so we can't recommend anyone independent to you.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We booked a private Godfather tour with Sicily Life. Our tour start to finish was 6 hours but we went to two villages where scenes were filmed. One was Savoca where scenes from Godfather 1 were filmed, including Bar Vitelli. We walked the path of the wedding party and into the church of Michael's wedding. We also went to Forza D'Agro where scenes from Godfather 11 were filmed. Our last stop was Taormina. It was a great day. We had two other couples from our roll call join the tour.

• 3 months later...

I took this tour with my wife, son and daughter in law in May of 2014. I thought it was fantastic.

When I first booked it I was wondering if it would be a little on the touristy side but I was wrong. We learned a lot, enjoyed a beautiful drive including lovely views and visited several charming and very quaint towns.

I highly recommend this tour.

We used Joe Banana Limos and the four of us enjoyed a wonderful day.

https://www.joebananalimos.net

Keith