Randi of Randi's Happy Horses has died...

WINEMANVISALIA

We really enjoyed our horseback ride on Stone Island. I remember bringing a bag of Smarties candies with me as I had heard she liked them so much. And the lunch at Victor's was so delicious. Very sorry to hear of her death. RIP Randi.

Does anyone know if anyone has taken over for her and her company? I see ships are starting to return to Mazatlan and would still love to try this tour hopefully with someone who cared as much about the horses and people as Randi did...we sadly did not get to ride wtih her as our port there was canceled right when ships started pulling out.

• 2 weeks later...
attached pic of me on vagamundo and here are some snaps of randi in the good old day when we loved to go to mexican riviera...

https://plus.google.com/u/1/photos/116190315107492683472/albums/5771376332547321153

Randi and I corresponded several times, and we had the chance to ride a few times. I remember her smile, her compassion and her love for her city and her horses. To those she left behind: you were the lucky ones who knew her best.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if anyone has taken over for her and her company? I see ships are starting to return to Mazatlan and would still love to try this tour hopefully with someone who cared as much about the horses and people as Randi did...we sadly did not get to ride wtih her as our port there was canceled right when ships started pulling out.

Bumping this back to the top to see if anyone took over. Would love to see Daniel and his family again. I loved this stop purely for this adventure.

A while back I googled horseback riding on stone island and there was a recent review of a ride - the review said the horses were very skinny and the ride was not good. Randi always said King David did not take care of their horses - I don't know if this was that tour or another one. I would hope someone took over Randi's tour - just can't find anything about it.

Cassandra - join us on the November 15 sailing on the Crown!

Oh Jeanie I would love to but I have the trip in March on the new Regal! So far flights are more than the cost of the cruise......LOL :eek:

How exciting! I may follow along to read what y'all have to say. We had the Regal booked for her 3-dayer on 11/6 before hopping over to the Coral for a Panama Partial on 11/9. Needed to cancel both to stay on the west coast to be closer for family needs.

So sad to read about Randi. I will treasure my emails with her even more now.

How exciting! I may follow along to read what y'all have to say. We had the Regal booked for her 3-dayer on 11/6 before hopping over to the Coral for a Panama Partial on 11/9. Needed to cancel both to stay on the west coast to be closer for family needs.

So sad to read about Randi. I will treasure my emails with her even more now.

Yeah we were to be with her in 2011, but that is when the cruise lines started canceling Mazatlan so we never got the chance to ride with her.....:(

Yeah we were to be with her in 2011, but that is when the cruise lines started canceling Mazatlan so we never got the chance to ride with her.....:(

Same here - we were booked 4/30/11 on the Sapphire and had made arrangements with Randi for a ride. They then cut Mazatlan and gave us overnight in Cabo (no complaint there).

Same here - we were booked 4/30/11 on the Sapphire and had made arrangements with Randi for a ride. They then cut Mazatlan and gave us overnight in Cabo (no complaint there).

I certainly hope someone has taken over her business as we would love to have someone with her passion and love for animals to offer something similar.

Someone posted a video from Stone Island in March that showed Daniel. He and his family raised the horses Randi used. And did the rides as well. I would like to find a way to get sold off him

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So sad to hear about Randi's passing. I did find a link for Maria's Happy Horses, and I know that Randi had a nice woman named Maria who did work with her when we ride the horses back in 2005. In fact, I was tossed off my horse Pinto, so Maria gave me her horse, who was smaller, and she took Pinto and she guided me back to safety. Lol

Haven't been to the Mazatlan board for years due to the ships pulling out and On a few occasions i had wondered about randi and her horses.

Just so surprised about Randi. She was so full of life :(