Epic Bathrooms

Loracpin2

I've just been reading reviews of the Epic cruise to no where. Is is true the cabins do NOT have enclosed bathrooms with an actual door?

It is a split bathroom with the shower on one side and toilet on the other and the are enclosed with opaque/frosted glass. Sink is in the main cabin area.

Someone posted pictures a few days ago and you could make out the shadow through the glass.

It is a split bathroom with the shower on one side and toilet on the other and the are enclosed with opaque/frosted glass. Sink is in the main cabin area.

Someone posted pictures a few days ago and you could make out the shadow through the glass.

Make out the shadow? You could see a whole lot more than a shadow of the guy sitting on the toliet! Even worse, apparently you can see in much better than you can see out, so you have a false sense of some degree of privacy.

To me, this is barely better than a chamber pot under the bed.

Don't think I will be sailing on her. A lot I can tolerate, but the bathroom setup on Epic is not one of them!!!!! So sad---- was looking forward to a new ship.:(

By your profile, you look like a very experienced cruiser. I cannot believe such a small detail would make you not want to sail one of the best cruise ships in the world. There are many things I am not crazy about the Epic either. But the amount of things I love about the ship far outnumber the things I am not that crazy about.

I never like the bathroom on any cruise ship. They are always too small. But the layout of the bathroom would never ruin my vacation.

I dont think I can take much more of this

Good lord. I agree. Now we have what....3? 4? 50? threads on this?

Facts are:

• The room design maximizes the number of cabins
  • More cabins, more customers
  • The rooms are thinner as a result
  • The thinner rooms necessitated this design
  • The frosted glass helps keep the room from looking as thin as it is
  • A lot of people question this design
  • A lot of people love this design
  • A small number will not sail on Epic due to this design
  • NCL couldn't care less about whether those people do or not, as they just crammed 20% more people onto their ship

Good lord. I agree. Now we have what....3? 4? 50? threads on this?

Facts are:

• The room design maximizes the number of cabins
  • More cabins, more customers
  • The rooms are thinner as a result
  • The thinner rooms necessitated this design
  • The frosted glass helps keep the room from looking as thin as it is
  • A lot of people question this design
  • A lot of people love this design
  • A small number will not sail on Epic due to this design
  • NCL couldn't care less about whether those people do or not, as they just crammed 20% more people onto their ship

I don't get it. 80% (I would say) of people will be travelling with their significant others. My missus sees me naked every day (poor woman).

One thing I will guarantee is she will have no interest in peeking around the privacy curtain to watch me take a dump. Funnily enough I am also not kinky enough to want to see her do her business either.

I don't get it. 80% (I would say) of people will be travelling with their significant others. My missus sees me naked every day (poor woman).

One thing I will guarantee is she will have no interest in peeking around the privacy curtain to watch me take a dump. Funnily enough I am also not kinky enough to want to see her do her business either.

hahhaaha.. love it. :) I could not agree more. Even if you CAN see...why? I forgot the fact that this design might be a turn-on for some. ;)

hahhaaha.. love it. :) I could not agree more. Even if you CAN see...why? I forgot the fact that this design might be a turn-on for some. ;)

Seriously, some people dont realise that there is an option not to stop and stare at every car crash.

Seriously, some people dont realise that there is an option not to stop and stare at every car crash.

If someone wants to watch me on the crapper or in the shower they have way bigger issues than just MY privacy.

If someone wants to watch me on the crapper or in the shower they have way bigger issues than just MY privacy.

Absolutely

If the cabin steward wants to look at me wiping my backside then that's their issue they need to deal with.

Bravo!!!

First thread I've seen where people actually get the real point.

Yes...you can see someone's outline, but why would you even be looking?:eek:

I'm sure we'll get flamed over this point of view before long. Hey, maybe this is all done on purpose so people run screaming from their rooms and end up drinking heavily or otherwise spending money. :D

I'm sure we'll get flamed over this point of view before long. Hey, maybe this is all done on purpose so people run screaming from their rooms and end up drinking heavily or otherwise spending money. :D

lol...but you're probably right.

By your profile, you look like a very experienced cruiser. I cannot believe such a small detail would make you not want to sail one of the best cruise ships in the world. There are many things I am not crazy about the Epic either. But the amount of things I love about the ship far outnumber the things I am not that crazy about.

I never like the bathroom on any cruise ship. They are always too small. But the layout of the bathroom would never ruin my vacation.

What you consider "such a small detail" is clearly not as small as you think, for some people. You need only to read the multitude of threads and posts regarding this subject to recognize that fact. It may not be an important issue to you, but it definitely is to others and it is somewhat of a shame that the many new and innovative features of this ship (I'm not yet willing to accept your description of it as "one of the best cruise ships in the world") are being overshadowed by a controversial design of the bathroom facilities.

What you consider "such a small detail" is clearly not as small as you think, for some people. You need only to read the multitude of threads and posts regarding this subject to recognize that fact. It may not be an important issue to you, but it definitely is to others and it is somewhat of a shame that the many new and innovative features of this ship (I'm not yet willing to accept your description of it as "one of the best cruise ships in the world") are being overshadowed by a controversial design of the bathroom facilities.

If the bathroom facilities are that important to so many people, then clearly a cruise is not the place for them. I don't know of any cruise ship where the bathroom facilities are "ideal".

If the bathroom facilities are that important to so many people, then clearly a cruise is not the place for them. I don't know of any cruise ship where the bathroom facilities are "idealic".

I dunno...the one on the owners suite on Vision OTS was nicer than my master bath at home. :) Overall, I agree. If a traditional bathroom layout is critical to someone having a good time, find a vacation method or ship that meets those needs.

I dunno...the one on the owners suite on Vision OTS was nicer than my master bath at home. :) Overall, I agree. If a traditional bathroom layout is critical to someone having a good time, find a vacation method or ship that meets those needs.

Well, point taken on possible bathroom options ;) ... some of the pics I've seen are mighty impressive, but ultimately it's a tiny percentage of my reason for picking a ship and would not be a major factor in my decision for a cruise - but that's just me. :cool:

If the bathroom facilities are that important to so many people, then clearly a cruise is not the place for them. I don't know of any cruise ship where the bathroom facilities are "ideal".

If people find something inconvenient for them on a cruise ship, they should be quiet and not share their opinions.

Cruise forums are for saying "Wow!" and "I can't wait!":)

If people find something inconvenient for them on a cruise ship, they should be quiet and not share their opinions.

When did the original poster say you are not entitled to your opinion or to express it in cruise forums? They simply stated that maybe ships aren't for people with picky bathroom needs.

Seriously?!? Remember, this is called Cruise CRITIC! It's not all unicorns and rainbows...

Archived