Wine with dinner on Viking

DisneyShar

Different white and reds every day. If there's some left from a previous white or red, you can also have that at no extra charge.

Also, we paid for the drinks package on a 8 day Rhine cruise, which was very reasonable (maybe $20 per day) and had whatever we wanted, whenever.

On the Viking Rhine River Getaway we went on the optional dinner in Rudesheim and wine was included at no charge and no limit. Both DH and I think it was only white on the table but perhaps it was both white and red or you could have asked for red.

One has access to the greatest wines in the world, while in Europe, at prices typically far below those seen in the US for those wines. Viking does not charge a corkage fee. My advice, look at your menu for the evening and choose a great wine, while on shore, and enjoy.

I may occasionally pay for a beer or cocktail, onboard ship, but typically I buy great local wines to be enjoyed on ship. I have typically found the "house" wines to be boring and of medium to low quality. Why settle for that in Europe?

Viking has its house wines which are automatically offered, but we asked for sparkling, rose, or other varietals.

Are rose wines available? Usually I have had more difficulty finding them. Maybe we will try to find them on shore. m--

Agree with pinotlover, we've done three cruises with Viking, #4 is coming up in a few months. While the wine is free flowing it is a house brand and OK for us but it's nice picking up different wines along the way and having them at dinner. Love that there is no corkage fee.