Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale Fair Price

tonit964

Can someone please tell me if $454.00 is a fair price for round trip air from Lax to FLL at the end of July?

I have no idea if this is a decent price or not.

Thank you!

Toni

Fair price because you are looking today.

I generally try to find tickets in $300ish range but I also have booked both of my cruises over a year out and then start shopping for tickets.

Some other things you might investigate:

Virgin America from LAX (nonstop or connection)

JetBlue, Alaska, Delta, or AA (US Airways) connecting flights from LAX, LGB, or BUR. All of these except JetBlue from SNA

AA out of SBA, connecting through PHX (old US Airways route)

It may bear fruit (or not) depending on your balance of cost and driving distance vs. convenience. They all could be more expensive...I haven't checked.

Can someone please tell me if $454.00 is a fair price for round trip air from Lax to FLL at the end of July?

I have no idea if this is a decent price or not.

Thank you!

Toni

I have done this flight several times (various months) for our cruises and this isn't a bad price at all..especially for the month you're flying.

Thank you again to everyone for responding. :)

I am going to book at this price and be done with it.

I did forget to mention in my original post that I was only looking at non stop flights. We don't want to hassle with stops and plane changes. My DH is paranoid about losing our luggage. :eek:

Thank you again to everyone for responding. :)

I am going to book at this price and be done with it.

I did forget to mention in my original post that I was only looking at non stop flights. We don't want to hassle with stops and plane changes. My DH is paranoid about losing our luggage. :eek:

You will have no trouble getting a non-stop from LAX-FLL but you probably won't find many if at all on the return..if you want to fly home early the day cruise ends...We usually always connect thru ATL...but we fly DL

BTW: my DH works in Newbury Park and you are very close to us we are in Simi Valley.

Edited by Ashland

You will have no trouble getting a non-stop from LAX-FLL but you probably won't find many if at all on the return..if you want to fly home early the day cruise ends...We usually always connect thru ATL...but we fly DL

BTW: my DH works in Newbury Park and you are very close to us we are in Simi Valley.

We are flying back the day after the cruise on Jet Blue non stop at 11:29am which is a great time.

Thanks again for the info.:)

We are over by Kohl's in NP.

I grew up in Simi and my dad still lives there. My daughter has softball games at Big Sky on Sunday.

Small world.

We are flying back the day after the cruise on Jet Blue non stop at 11:29am which is a great time.

Thanks again for the info.:)

We are over by Kohl's in NP.

I grew up in Simi and my dad still lives there. My daughter has softball games at Big Sky on Sunday.

Small world.

Sounds like you do have a great flight time...We always have to head back the day cruise ends...lucky you don't.

Small world indeed :D

That sounds like a great price. Fares from Omaha to FLL are $659 per person on Southwest. Yikes!!! That's almost as much as the cruise it's self. I don' know whether to pull the trigger and purchase tickets now or wait and keep monitoring the prices. Cruise is June7th.

• 2 weeks later...

Question isn't what's "fair," but what you are likely to pay. You can do that by checking a number of airlines. It looks like you could pay a tad less using Southwest, from LAX, but of course you'd likely have a connection. Fares, of course, can vary widely by day of the week, on any airline.