Flying home post cruise (PE) from WPB - any advice

hlb76

Sailing from Port Everglades is all new to us so I have no idea what to expect. I have not flown from West Palm beach either. We have a early afternoon flight and FTTF to get off the ship early. We plan to rent a car as well. What should we give ourselves for travel time to get to WPB? How is the airport will we need to be there hours early?

No airport in the US that I am aware requires 3 hours, even for international flights. 2 hours maybe, but not WPB.

The drive is about 90 minutes. Plus your rental pick up and return.

The last couple of times I've driven it it has taken me about an hour however I'm never driving it during rush hour.

I mean your ship comes back on a Saturday so the dreaded Broward to WPB traffic shouldn't be too terrible.

That drive, as long as there are no accidents, should be under 1 hour. I don't think you have to rush off the ship. I'd say you are making good time if you are in your rental at 10:00 am or before.

Sailing from Port Everglades is all new to us so I have no idea what to expect. I have not flown from West Palm beach either. We have a early afternoon flight and FTTF to get off the ship early. We plan to rent a car as well. What should we give ourselves for travel time to get to WPB? How is the airport will we need to be there hours early?

The drive is about 52 miles, or about 1 hour door-to-door...take either I-95 North to the PBI exit ( just past Southern Blvd and Belvedere Rds..) OR you can take the Florida Turnpike ( keep going West on I-595 till you see the tpk entrance NORTH) , which costs a few $$, but normally has less traffic, get off at Southern Blvd , make a left and head EAST on Southern till you see signs for PBIA on the left..watch your speed as you approach the airport off the highway- there are cops with radars looking to give tickets....

Big Al