Bayport-Hotel with view?

reney313

We are cruising on Princess out of Bayport in February and looking for a hotel. We will be driving from Missouri. It looks like most of the hotels in immediate area (Seaport, La Porte, Kemah, etc) are mostly the 2-2 1/2 star type hotels. I couldn't find any resort type hotels. Is this correct?

We can stay anywhere, preferably no more than 15-20 minutes from the cruise port. Is there any recommendation where the hotel may have some type of "view"? Either on the water or, dare I ask, where I can see the ship when I wake up in the morning?

Also, alternatively, any location that would have some type of nightlife nearby? We would prefer to walk or cab it to the hotel after being out at night.

We are a group of 4 in our late 30's and early 40's. We will be arriving Saturday late afternoon, early evening. We would like to have a nice dinner with drinks and potentially a nightcap with live music. We would prefer an area the opposite of Kemah Boardwalk that seems to be manufactured with chain restaurants. Unless I have a wrong impression of what that Boardwalk is like..

Also, alternatively, any location that would have some type of nightlife nearby? We would prefer to walk or cab it to the hotel after being out at night.

We are a group of 4 in our late 30's and early 40's. We will be arriving Saturday late afternoon, early evening. We would like to have a nice dinner with drinks and potentially a nightcap with live music. We would prefer an area the opposite of Kemah Boardwalk that seems to be manufactured with chain restaurants. Unless I have a wrong impression of what that Boardwalk is like..

The Kemah Boardwalk is a Landry's operation, so yes, it's all Landry's chain restaurants.

The area on Galveston Bay is not fancy, so no resorts.

Consider Galveston next time then.

If you're looking to be close-ish to nightlife, choosing an upscale or boutique hotel in downtown Houston puts you close to some downtown nightlife as well as a very short cab ride to the Midtown area which has exploded recently with upscale and trendy bars and restaurants. The cab ride to the port in the morning would be about 30 mins on a weekend.

Consider Galveston next time then.

ha! The pre-cruise night is not the most important aspect of the cruise. I have cruised 2X out of Galveston.

If there aren't "resorts" nearby or entertainment, we'll be fine and get plenty of rest. But if there are, I would prefer to stay in that vicinity.

Downtown/Midtown is a good recommendation. I had thought about that but wasn't sure as I have only driven through Houston in the past (on the way to Galveston). I will take a look.

I did also find both the Hilton NASA and Southshore Harbor. If not downtown, I think Hilton NASA might be what we're looking for. Thanks for the recommendation!

The Kemah Boardwalk is a Landry's operation, so yes, it's all Landry's chain restaurants.

The area on Galveston Bay is not fancy, so no resorts.

That's what it looked like to me online...reminded me of the Galveston Boardwalk, which I think is also owned by Landry's.

That's what it looked like to me online...reminded me of the Galveston Boardwalk, which I think is also owned by Landry's.

Bingo! Tilman Fertitta is an expert at separating people from their hard-earned money. I don't get it. His restaurants are overpriced and of mediocre quality.

I booked Kemeh Boardwalk Inn. Is this a good choice? What restaurant do you recommend for lunch and then the following morning before going to Bayport?

We already have dinner plans with roll call members the night before the cruise.

How far is it to Bayport?

I booked Kemeh Boardwalk Inn. Is this a good choice? What restaurant do you recommend for lunch and then the following morning before going to Bayport?

We already have dinner plans with roll call members the night before the cruise.

How far is it to Bayport?

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn once for a weekend getaway. It's a nice hotel but you don't have many amenities. The reason for that of course is that you have a lot of choices for food and drink right outside the front doors. We were there when there was a band playing not too far away and were surprised to find that the noise wasn't an issue.

Not sure on the best place to eat and it's been a while since I've actually eaten at any of the restaurants there.

It's about a five minute drive to the port from Kemah if traffic and the few lights in the area cooperate.

• 3 weeks later...
We are cruising on Princess out of Bayport in February and looking for a hotel. We will be driving from Missouri. It looks like most of the hotels in immediate area (Seaport, La Porte, Kemah, etc) are mostly the 2-2 1/2 star type hotels. I couldn't find any resort type hotels. Is this correct?

We can stay anywhere, preferably no more than 15-20 minutes from the cruise port. Is there any recommendation where the hotel may have some type of "view"? Either on the water or, dare I ask, where I can see the ship when I wake up in the morning?

I can't really think of anywhere that would give you a room with a view type lodging that would be in anyway convenient to Bayport. It's just not in that kind of area.

There are plenty of fancy hotels in Houston, but that would be in the city.

Kemah is 7 miles from Bayport and La Porte 8.

Edited by SPacificbound